Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Review of Disney on a DIME in the Vacation Planning forums; Just finished reading my personalized copy of DoaD . I must say Chris and Kristal Carlson have done a wonderful job of publishing a comprehensive, yet easily read and understood ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Review of Disney on a DIME

Just finished reading my personalized copy of DoaD. I must say Chris and Kristal Carlson have done a wonderful job of publishing a comprehensive, yet easily read and understood guidebook for the frugal, or not so frugal, WDW fan(s). I particularily liked the layout of the book and the fact the pages were double-spaced. The included booklet, Tips for Families, was also very informative.

All in all, I give it two thumbs up!!! It is a must-have (along with Lou's book, of course) for planning a trip to WDW, now, or in the future.

P.S. Chris and Kristal, are those your children pictured on the included 2006 price/rate sheet?
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 10-18-2005 at 03:20 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I haven't quite finished but am on Chapter 3. So far, I really like it. It has some great and reasonable suggestions. It isn't like they are saying to go give plasma to finance your trip (like my brother suggested , in humor luckily). It really sounds great and I will be using most of their ideas on my next trip.

Another Thumbs Up!

**Total side note, Chris and Kristal, I think we share the same anniversary date unless I am confusing you with someone else. What a great way to spend New Year's Eve.

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Just finished reading my personalized copy of DoaD. I must say Chris and Kristal Carlson have done a wonderful job of publishing a comprehensive, yet easily read and understood guidebook for the frugal, or not so frugal, WDW fan(s). I particularily liked the layout of the book and the fact the pages were double-spaced. The included booklet, Tips for Families, was also very informative.

All in all, I give it two thumbs up!!! It is a must-have (along with Lou's book, of course) for planning a trip to WDW, now, or in the future.
    Jiminy- You are too kind! You honor us with your words. It's great to hear that our ramblings were actually easy to follow and made sense. Our editor helped out a lot in polishing it up for us. We worked very hard on it and tried to include advice for all types of people. Your opinion is highly reguarded and valued. Thanks for sharing.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    I haven't quite finished but am on Chapter 3. So far, I really like it. It has some great and reasonable suggestions. It isn't like they are saying to go give plasma to finance your trip (like my brother suggested , in humor luckily). It really sounds great and I will be using most of their ideas on my next trip.

Another Thumbs Up!
    Give Plasma? **pulls out notebook and makes notes**

Just kidding, we decided to leave out some of the more extreme methods that we have heard people do. There are many extreme ideas that are border line crazy or flat out unethical that did not make the cut.

Once again, your feedback is appreciated. Thank you.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    (Lou puts away the scalpel, pats his left kidney and lets it know how close it really was, then calls and cancels his WL Concierge room)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Ethics.... what an issue!

Glad you all have a sense of humor!

Thanks for the review JC! I've been meaning to pick this up...Chris always has the best advice and hints on here so the book must be fabulous!