Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Disney Hotels, which one to stay at??? in the Vacation Planning forums; This is my first post to the forum and from what I have read, you guys are very helpful, so I'm going to ask for your opinions. We are planning ...
    Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney Hotels, which one to stay at???

This is my first post to the forum and from what I have read, you guys are very helpful, so I'm going to ask for your opinions.

We are planning on going sometime in the next 6 months and want to know what hotel to stay at traveling with my 2 kids 3 and 1 years old. I looked at the Pop Century and was set to book it until I asked the Disney travel agent about the bus stops and was told there is only 1 on the property. I really like the theme for the kids but I heard it's a lot of walking from the room to bus stop to the food court. I've stayed at the Caribbean Beach, and Contemporary in the past and wanted to try something different.

What to you guys think? Also, from what I have read, it looks like the best time to go is the 1st couple of weeks in December based on crowds and the park Decorations, what do you guys think of early spring, April, May? I have gone 1st week of Sept, and 1st week of Oct. and after being there when it is less crowded, we don't want to go at a busy time. You get spoiled going on the big rides over and over again with no lines you don't want to wait 90 minutes to go on space mountain or the tower of terror, let alone taking the kids on Dumbo.

I look forward to reading your opinions.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    they have a bus stop for every park not one for all for....when booking you can ask for a preferred room near the food court. There are also bus stops for the water parks and downtown disney

when are you going

we went the week after thanksgiving and the decorations were up and the crowds were light

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Hagar,

There's a number of things you need to consider when choosing what resort is best for you and your family, including price, ages of children, etc.

Of course, you are (in my humble opinion) making the right choice right out of the box by staying on Disney property. Notwithstanding the transposrtation, early entry, etc., each resort is almost an attraction in itself, and adds to the magic of your vacation.

Pop Century is a great choice - the theming is ousttanding, and is one of WDW's newest properties (having opened in Dec. '03). I would nto be overly concerned with the transportation, though, as buses run quite reguarly. You should, however, ask for a room closer to the stops. Since the property is so large, you can definitely be somewhat of a hike away depending on your building (or "decade").

I highly recommend going in early December, as you get the best of all worlds - almost non-existent "crowds" (if you can even call it that), great weather (even a little chilly at night), and the wonderfuly holiday decorations without the mob-scene around the holidays. Plus, there will be a number of feloow DisneyWorldTrivia.com members there for Mousefest 2004, which is a gathering of WDW from various online communities. I will even be hosting a trivia meet [I think], and would love to meet some members! Look for the thread about Mousefest HERE).

Hope that helps!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I spoke with Disney the other day and they said there is only 1 bus stop at the Pop Century for the whole property, is that the same at all the value resorts?

no all the value resorts have a stops for each park and one for each water park and downtown disney. I suggest going to AAA and talking to some one there.

Let me rephrase my question... Do the Walt Disney World "Value" hotels only have 1 bus stop on the property for pick up and drop off to go from the hotel to the parks?

For example, I know for a fact, since I've stayed there several times, that the Caribbean Beach has several stops on the property to take you to and from the parks, where I found out that Pop Century only has 1 bus stop on their property.

So I'm trying to find out if all the value resorts are the same way.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Hagar, you are correct in that Pop Century currently only has one bus stop in front of Llegendary Hall (with anotehr planned for Classic Hall when it opens).

As for the All-Star Resorts, each has its own bus stop in front of Cinema, Melody and Stadium Hall, respectively.

So, for example, you stay at AS Music and get a room in the Country Fair section (e.g. building #5), you will be quite a ways walk from the bus stop. You can alsways ask for a room in a building close to the main hall, however.

CBR is unique in its layout, which justifies the need for multiple stops (which can also transport you throughout the resort itself). I believe only OKW, Saratoga Springs, and PO Riverside are the only other properties with multiple bus stops. (not 100% sure).
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 07-12-2004 at 01:40 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

just called pop century and was told they have the bus stops out side of the food courtyard and each park has a sign for their pick up

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I like the moderate ones the bets - best band for your dollar. Great themes, locations, etc. and have better food than the values. The Deluze is too much money unless you spend alot of time there I think

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    We have stayed at Pop Century, All Star Music, or Fort Wilderness and have had good experiences at each of them. We only get to tour the more expensive ones because they are too expensive for my large family (we have to get two rooms). At least looking is free! We have not stayed offsite since we first stayed on site - the perks are great! Plus, you never have to "leave" the magic during your trip!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

flutter is offline Moderator
    Ok I have stayed at all of the value resorts except ASSports. I am planning on staying at a moderate resort next Dec. I know it is a matter of opinion but would like to hear some opinions on the best moderate to stay at and why you think so.
    Thanks
    Tracy