Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Anniversary ideas in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm anxiosuly awaiting my next trip to WDW in September, and will be celebrating my 5 year wedding anniversary on September 11 (I know... I know...) I had some ideas ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Smile Anniversary ideas

I'm anxiosuly awaiting my next trip to WDW in September, and will be celebrating my 5 year wedding anniversary on September 11 (I know... I know...)

I had some ideas for things to do to celebrate, but I thought I'd "Ask the Audience" to see what types of things you all could come up with!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    well, I would hope that you already know to let it be known that it is your anniversary (i.e., inform the front desk at the resort you are staying at, and at any restaurant that you dine at) as one never knows what "surprises" that Disney will do for you.

As for where to go, things to do?..... Well, I know that my wife has mentioned that the next time we "celebrate" down at WDW that she wants to eat at the Chef's table in the Grand Floridian ($$$$$$$)

How about getting re-hitched at the Land.

(give me some time here....I am trying to think of "romantic" things at WDW....)

In my mind, a dinner at one of the resorts would probably be nice since they are usually quieter than in one of the theme parks (I mean at one of the resort restaurants, not in a food court). We've eaten at the Artist's Point in WL and that was nice. Contemporary would be romantic (especially with fireworks ending your meal).
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    My DW doesn't know it yet, but I've already set up the re-hitching ceremony at the Garden Grill, and made reservations at one of her all-time favorite restaurants (anywhere), the Flying Fish. I wanted to do the California Grill with fireworks, but there will be no fireworks on 9/11, so I'm doing the Grill the next evening, right around fireworls time.

I'll save the Chef's Table for when we go with my parents (let dad foot the bill for that one)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Luxury Disney is offline Moderator
    My husband and I divide our time between Port Aransas, Texas, and Crested Butte, Colorado
    What about an Illuminations cruise (bring along a bottle of wine and two glasses) and then a late dinner afterward at the Flying Fish? You may want to consider dinner at the new bluezoo at the Walt Disney World Dolphin. It is a really gorgeous dining room.
    Cara Goldsbury
    Author of "The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World"
    info@luxurydisneyguide.com
    www.luxurydisneyguide.com

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    do a fireworks cruise for the magic kingdom fireworks

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Happy Aniversary Lou and Deanna!!! Many happy years together!!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Just realized how old this thread was ! But it's still your anniversay coming up so the sentiment remains!!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    A Fireworks cruise on the Breathless with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe View Post
    A Fireworks cruise on the Breathless with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.

Yum. Can I come?

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    oops I diidn't know it was old

Have a happy one anyhoo

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom