Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Coronado Springs vs. Caribbean Beach in the Vacation Planning forums; We are planning on going in November (finally, have a target date 11/1/04 taking my son for his birthday) and aren't sure which hotel to stay at, The Coronado Springs, ...
    Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder

Coronado Springs vs. Caribbean Beach

We are planning on going in November (finally, have a target date 11/1/04 taking my son for his birthday) and aren't sure which hotel to stay at, The Coronado Springs, which we never stayed at or The Caribbean Beach, which we have.

Do you guys have an opinion on either? We are going with my 2 kids 3 & 1 and I am trying to find out which is better mostly for layout and the busses, I know the layout of the Caribbean Beach, I just want to confirm if Aruba is the 1st stop on the bus route coming back from the parks, I'm pretty sure that is where we stayed last time, which was a few years ago. If anyone can confirm that, and or give their pros and cons on The Coronado Springs vs. the Caribbean Beach, that would be much appreciated.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Coronado chagers a 10% gratiuty on the food court purchases. i like coronado because it has a nice pool area

grodz19 is offline A-Ticket holder

Coranado

Personally, I would say the Coranado -I stayed there during the first month it opened - just liked it more than The Beach - rooms, pool and food court was nicer - just an opinion

Jeff

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I would agree about the Coronado. I stayed there a few years ago and enjoyed the atmosphere, rooms, etc. Nice to walk around there at night as well. Plus, it's always nice to stay somewhere different!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by devkxl
    Coronado chagers a 10% gratiuty on the food court purchases. i like coronado because it has a nice pool area

Only when you eat in the market. The servers will clear your table and get you drink refills, at least they did they one time I ate there. The food court is a notch above the normal food court.

I too would choose the CSR
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I would choose CSR as well so you can try somthing different. While they both have 'internal resort busses' CSR will have a few less busses running because it is a slight bit smaller overall.

MikeS is offline A-Ticket holder
    CSR is a newer resort. It's larger and has more to offer than CBR.

CBR is probably a more quiet resort.

Note that CSR does have a convention center.

Mike