Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss All Star Resorts in the Vacation Planning forums; I am looking for any good/bad reports on staying at the All Star Movie resort. How is it for a family with 2 children 10 and under? Also if anyone ...
    disneychris33 is offline A-Ticket holder

All Star Resorts

I am looking for any good/bad reports on staying at the All Star Movie resort. How is it for a family with 2 children 10 and under?
    Also if anyone went in October, how is the weather and crowds?
    :mickey: Disneychris33 <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'October 5, 2007 6:05:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>Going to see the mouse</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Here I come Mickey';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by disneychris33
    I am looking for any good/bad reports on staying at the All Star Movie resort. How is it for a family with 2 children 10 and under?
    Also if anyone went in October, how is the weather and crowds?
    You and your family will love All-Star Movies. Be sure to buy the refillable mugs as soon as you get there. The bus service from the All Stars is excellent, but plan for the time it takes to get to and from the parks. To MK it is about 15-20 minutes; to the others ranges from 10-15. To go to Downtown Disney it takes a good 30-35 minutes.

Crowds in October should be light. In the MK you will probably find some short waits for the more popular rides and attractions, but with FastPass you can avoid the lines. For the other parks you will probably ride as often as you like during the day. With ISW closed in the MK there will be longer lines for the more child oriented rides. The weather could be rather nice 65-85, or could be hot and humid 75-90. I would not worry about tropical storms or hurricanes. If they come it is usually a day or two at most bad weather.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Hey Chris - -- -

The all stars are fun, there is also a playground area if the kids just want to swing or just be kids. Some of the buss drivers even ask trivia questions or tell you bits of trivia on the way. Can you take me in your suitcase with u.

Kellie

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    October is a great time to go. The weather is warm and the crowds are pretty small. We are going at the end of October this year and also staying at the Movie Resort. I have never been there either so this info is really helpful.
    I have a question; we are going to Chef Mickey's an our PS is at 9:20. If we take the bus how much time do we need to allow for transportation?

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna
    October is a great time to go. The weather is warm and the crowds are pretty small. We are going at the end of October this year and also staying at the Movie Resort. I have never been there either so this info is really helpful.
    I have a question; we are going to Chef Mickey's an our PS is at 9:20. If we take the bus how much time do we need to allow for transportation?

Allow an hour for the worst case scenario
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

cfielder is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think that when you stay in the resorts...it's a lifesaver!!! My hubby and I always stay in Pop Century and we know kids will be there. That's half the fun is seeing all the kiddos having a great time just like we did when we were kids. The busses as transportation is a wonderful thing!!! We LOVED it because you didn't have to worry about driving or anything. I believe that these resorts are probably a lot more fun for kids anyway!