Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Disney Help in the Vacation Planning forums; Disney World Help!! I'm going to Disney World from March 10th to March 20th (leaving in the morning to come home to Nova Scotia, Canada) . Just wondering if the ...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Smile Disney Help

Disney World Help!!
    I'm going to Disney World from March 10th to March 20th (leaving in the morning to come home to Nova Scotia, Canada) . Just wondering if the Easter Parade will be on while I'm there? Do they only have one or thoughout the month?

My son is 11 and has never been to the USA or on a plane (we're from Nova Scotia, Canada) My mom is coming too (she's never been to Florida). My bf is going too. We've been there a long time ago (1994) and a lot has changed. We're really excited about going...

My son is excited about going to Disney. Who wouldn't be?!! What should i do for him for Christmas to get him more excited about the trip? (Still believes in Santa, so far...)

Can I buy Disney Dollars online? Can't buy them here in Canada and the nearest Disney store is 5 hours away anyway...

Pal Mickey? Can someone give me information about what it actually does along with examples?

Rainforest Cafe - How much is the educational tour and is it worth the money?

Dive Quest at Epcot - Anyone go diving in the Disney aquariums? I'd love to know what you though?

Cirque de soleil? Yes or no??

Restaurants and Character Dining? What would you recommend?

All Star Music - what's it like? Worth staying there?

We arrive at the orlando airport at noon (prob get our luggage by 2pm.) What do you recommend we do on our first day?

Are looking for Hidden Mickeys a waste of time?

We're doing Disney and Seaworld. Anyone have some ideas what order we should do the parks?

Any use Birnbaums guide to disney world for kids by kids a waste of money? When does the 2005 book come out? We have Birnbaums guide to WDW 2004 and it's the best. We'll definitely be getting 2005 when it comes out (hope it has the Dive Quest coupon in it and other valuable coupons!) We LOVE Birnbaums!

Anyone have the Disney Rollercoaster cd rom game? (Like roller coaster tycoon) if so, what's it like?
    What should I bring when I go to Florida? I'm sure I'll forget something...

Thanks in advance for all your help. You can email me at disneybound2005@msn.com or LaBretonne2002@msn.com in case I miss the posting!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBretonne2002
    Disney World Help!!
    I'm going to Disney World from March 10th to March 20th (leaving in the morning to come home to Nova Scotia, Canada) . Just wondering if the Easter Parade will be on while I'm there? Do they only have one or thoughout the month?

My son is 11 and has never been to the USA or on a plane (we're from Nova Scotia, Canada) My mom is coming too (she's never been to Florida). My bf is going too. We've been there a long time ago (1994) and a lot has changed. We're really excited about going...

My son is excited about going to Disney. Who wouldn't be?!! What should i do for him for Christmas to get him more excited about the trip? (Still believes in Santa, so far...)
    Well tickets would be one idea, but being as he might be a bit young to appreciate the abstract concept there, I'm thinking the personalized name tag you mentioned in another post might be a good idea someone even gave a web site in that thread where you can order one.
    Can I buy Disney Dollars online? Can't buy them here in Canada and the nearest Disney store is 5 hours away anyway...

Pal Mickey? Can someone give me information about what it actually does along with examples?
    I'm not sure about the disney dollars but heres a good description of pal mickey http://allearsnet.com/tp/pal.htm

[QUOTE=LaBretonne2002]
    Rainforest Cafe - How much is the educational tour and is it worth the money?
    [/QUOTEthis was answered in another thread
    ]
    Dive Quest at Epcot - Anyone go diving in the Disney aquariums? I'd love to know what you though?
    I have not done this but there is a great description of it at
    http://allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm
    Cirque de soleil? Yes or no??
    I have not done it yet because of limits on expense and time, a lot of folks seem to like it.
    Restaurants and Character Dining? What would you recommend?
    Depends on what characters/food you would like

here is a list of what characters appear where
    http://allearsnet.com/din/cbchar.htm

All Star Music - what's it like? Worth staying there?
    I have stayed at AS movies and I think it has superior Disney theming, but sometimes you can get better discounts at AS Music, so there is a trade off there, of course if you are paying full price or can get the same discount for either I'd go with all star movies.

We arrive at the orlando airport at noon (prob get our luggage by 2pm.) What do you recommend we do on our first day?
    there was a thread on this in the ears to ears group recently
    starting with the following post
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/earstoears/message/4658

Are looking for Hidden Mickeys a waste of time?
    On a trip where you are coming from so far, and are limited on time, you may not want to set aside seperate time for looking for hidden mickeys but you don't really need to do that anyway, it something you often do while you are waiting in line, setting down for a meal, standing at the check in desk of your hotel, that type of thing.
    We're doing Disney and Seaworld. Anyone have some ideas what order
    Two ways to look at this
    1. Do sea world first so your child won't expect it to be like another day at Disney and perhaps be disappointed by it.
    2. Do Sea world late in the trip as it will be a more restful day after so many days on your feet in the disney parks.

My personal opinion Do Disney MGM studios or sea world on days you are most tired, both have lots of sit down shows. As such I would probably try one of the more tiring parks Magic Kingdom or Epcot the first day, then Studios sea world, or AK, then the other tiring park then animal kingdom or studios,

like that alternating the less tiring parks with the more tiring parks it looks like your trip will be long enough to do at least two days at the MK and Epcot? I'm guessing you may also want to take a mid day break on at least some of the days when the parks are open the latest to keep your young one from having an end of day "meltdown" as so many children do have at the end of a long day in the parks.

Any use Birnbaums guide to disney world for kids by kids a waste of money? When does the 2005 book come out? We have Birnbaums guide to WDW 2004 and it's the best. We'll definitely be getting 2005 when it comes out (hope it has the Dive Quest coupon in it and other valuable coupons!) We LOVE Birnbaums!
    I haven't read that one, but I'm betting there is some good advice in it.
    I like the unofficial guide, but any guide that will give you some idea what to expect is better than no guide.
    Anyone have the Disney Rollercoaster cd rom game? (Like roller coaster tycoon) if so, what's it like?
    What should I bring when I go to Florida? I'm sure I'll forget something...
    I don't pack well
    Thanks in advance for all your help. You can email me at disneybound2005@msn.com or LaBretonne2002@msn.com in case I miss the posting!

Thanks in advance for all your help!
    Last edited by bigbrian-nc.com; 08-25-2004 at 07:45 PM.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Nice post, Brian!! Some really great tips and advice!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

LONIE CRACE is offline A-Ticket holder
    Could Some One Tell Me About The Value Resorts In Disney Anyone Satayed There

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by LONIE CRACE
    Could Some One Tell Me About The Value Resorts In Disney Anyone Satayed There
    Welcome to the board. As you can see from my signature I have stayed the Values a few times, with the exception of All-Star Sports. The best basic information is at www.disneyworld.com If you want our personal opinions and/or experiences, then this is the place for you. Just let us know what exactly you want.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 08-30-2004 at 07:18 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property