Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss what should i take? in the Vacation Planning forums; My family is going on our first wdw trip, what would be the best thing to take to carry our stuff in (camera, wallet, tickets, etc) that would not take ...
    fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder

Exclamation what should i take?

My family is going on our first wdw trip, what would be the best thing to take to carry our stuff in (camera, wallet, tickets, etc) that would not take a long time to get through security and stuff??
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    my thought, get a large duffel bag and shove a kid in it. i mean, at security, once a kid pops out of the bag, do you really think they are going to check any further?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The security bag check goes quickest if your bag isn't too deep and if it doesn't have a ton of pockets. You can help speed up the process by having your bag ready with all it's compartments unzipped.

Tickets & fastpasses transport real well in a stylin' DWT Lanyard
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    To be completely honest, I don't think the inspectors do the most thorough job going through bags. If it takes 5 seconds, that's a lot of time. And I've also found that if you have a female item *ahem* in your bag and get a male inspector, they usually spot it and you're on your way..no questions asked. The inspection is done. hehe.

When we go to the parks, I usually have my wallet, sunglasses, my digital camera, a little bottle of sunscreen, and of course my pass in my purse. I've never had a problem.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    If you have a deeper bag like a backpack, take out any other zippered cases from it like camera cases and have someone in your party hold it that doesn't have a bag. It will be quicker!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    The security bag check goes quickest if your bag isn't too deep and if it doesn't have a ton of pockets. You can help speed up the process by having your bag ready with all it's compartments unzipped.

Tickets & fastpasses transport real well in a stylin' DWT Lanyard
    I saw those online @ ebay but no where else and I decided instead of paying like 5 or more dollars for each one to make my very own. What I did was buy ID holders and Disney stickers,rub ons, and sticker letters. My main character is mickey, DF is pluto, DM is donald, Dsister (6) minnie, Dsister (19) Belle. I will post pics so you guys can see.
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I have to agree with what has already been said. A backpack that isn't too full and ready to be inspected goes pretty fast. If you don't have a lot of smaller "packages" inside that need to be opened - like a multi-pocket, large camera bag inside the backpack- that helps because you don't have to open that up too. Have a great time!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkTink918
    To be completely honest, I don't think the inspectors do the most thorough job going through bags. If it takes 5 seconds, that's a lot of time. And I've also found that if you have a female item *ahem* in your bag and get a male inspector, they usually spot it and you're on your way..no questions asked. The inspection is done. hehe.

When we go to the parks, I usually have my wallet, sunglasses, my digital camera, a little bottle of sunscreen, and of course my pass in my purse. I've never had a problem.
    hmm i think i like that female item thing... might have ta try it... but honestly since i normally have 1 or 2 bags, but mostly stuff for my daughter it goes by farely quick...
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    we've always taken a backpack in the parks and it takes like 2 seconds if you have all the compartments unzipped
    and we've only ever put our hoodies sweatshirts and all of that in them so maybe that is why it was quick
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I usually either take just a camera bag or my backpack. If i'm doing the autograph thing, I bring my backpack with a camera in it, some snacks, a pen or two (for autographs) and maybe a poncho if there's a chance of rain.

Hope this helps some
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Thumbs up

Thanks alot for all of your imput. I found a mini backpack from Sport Chalet...looks great for WDW! Lemme know what you think!

Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I take.. myself.. that's it.. if it doesnt fit in my pocket.. then it's not coming with me....

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Personally I think if it cant fit in your pockets then its not worth the trouble to bring in. If you have a lot of stuff where cargo pants. I dontthink the line that the bag checks are really worth it.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by butlers
    hmm i think i like that female item thing... might have ta try it... but honestly since i normally have 1 or 2 bags, but mostly stuff for my daughter it goes by farely quick...
    Haha
    I had a box of tampax on top and the guy was like "ehh urm go ahead"

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club