Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss 25 days and counting!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; 25 Days to go and I will be at Disney for the very first time.... I am sooo excited... Here is our trip lay out.... If anyone has any suggestions ...
    DisneyDream'n is offline A-Ticket holder

25 days and counting!!!

25 Days to go and I will be at Disney for the very first time.... I am sooo excited... Here is our trip lay out.... If anyone has any suggestions or comments please help me out...

Sat April 8th: Drive down and hang out at Downtown Disney for the night.. Get a cheap room outside Disney... (Does it cost to go to Downtown Disney??)

Sun April 9th: Check in with other guest in our group at 9am at All Star Movies.... And head off to the water parks for the afternoon and check into room around 4... ( We dont have anything planned for this night yet, any suggestions?)

Mon April 10th: Disney Park???

Tue April 11th: Disney Park????

Wed April 12th: Disney Park????

Thur April 13th: Disney Park????

I need a little help on the above days... What days are best to go where... We have park hopper passes for 4 days and one day worth of passes to Universal...

Friday April 14th: Animal Kingdom, the start home....
    We thought we would do AK the last day because most people told us that its about 1/2 a day or a little longer... And we can head home after it closes at 5:00 or so..... We are only 12hours from Disney and we have 4 of us going so the drive will not be bad...

And thoughts or suggestions???? Please help me pick which park on which day???

Also any suggestions on the hotel and all would be great... Can you walk to anywhere from the resort???

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDream'n
    25 Days to go and I will be at Disney for the very first time.... I am sooo excited... Here is our trip lay out.... If anyone has any suggestions or comments please help me out...

Sat April 8th: Drive down and hang out at Downtown Disney for the night.. Get a cheap room outside Disney... (Does it cost to go to Downtown Disney??)

Sun April 9th: Check in with other guest in our group at 9am at All Star Movies.... And head off to the water parks for the afternoon and check into room around 4... ( We dont have anything planned for this night yet, any suggestions?)

Mon April 10th: Disney Park???

Tue April 11th: Disney Park????

Wed April 12th: Disney Park????

Thur April 13th: Disney Park????

I need a little help on the above days... What days are best to go where... We have park hopper passes for 4 days and one day worth of passes to Universal...

Friday April 14th: Animal Kingdom, the start home....
    We thought we would do AK the last day because most people told us that its about 1/2 a day or a little longer... And we can head home after it closes at 5:00 or so..... We are only 12hours from Disney and we have 4 of us going so the drive will not be bad...

And thoughts or suggestions???? Please help me pick which park on which day???

Also any suggestions on the hotel and all would be great... Can you walk to anywhere from the resort???

It doesn't cost anything to access DTD.

Also....so you know, even though the official check in time at ASMo's isn't until later in the afternoon, you can check in first thing in the morning and leave your luggage at their bag check and they will move your luggage to your room when it is available. We've even been known to get lucky and have our room already cleaned and accessible to us when we arrive early for check in.

Basically the only place that you can walk to from ASMo is the other 2 All Star resorts. You are definitely not within walking distance to any of the parks.

If I only had a 4 day pass and was staying on WDW property I would defiinitely take advantage of the EMH's (Extra Magic Hours). You can get EMH days and hours for each individual park through Disney's website www.waltdisneyworld.com

If you have any other further questions feel free to ask!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    DTD, as was stated, is free. Pleasure Island does have an admission fee and an age restriction.

The fun of staying on site is the fact that you can go back and forth to the hotel during the day if you need a break or want to use the pool at the hotel. We go early in the morning, take a break at the hottest part of the day, and then do one of the parks at night for one of the special firework displays. We like to use the last day to back track to a park that we had already been in case we missed something or wanted ride something again. Do keep in mind that you are getting into the Easter break time and if you don't already have a hotel outside the park, I would check that out ahead of time. Have a great time.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.