Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss November trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi All my DWT friends.. I need some help. I would like to plan a trip for Nov. 22-27 but will most likely be going by myself. I am not ...
    ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!

November trip

Hi All my DWT friends..
    I need some help. I would like to plan a trip for Nov. 22-27 but will most likely be going by myself. I am not super rich but would like to stay in a WDW resort because I want the experience. Are there any good sites to help with good discounts? I am trying to celebrate that I only have one student loan left out of 3!! That means 2 are gone and no longer a pain in the butt!!! I can't even remember if MGM studios is part of the base ticket or if you have to buy a seperate ticket for it like Universal. Any help anyone can offer would be great.
    I just read the article about the woman who often travels to Disney alone and will use some of her safety tips for myself. But any help from all of you would be great. Thank you in advance for your help.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    What a great reason to celebrate! and a nice time of year to go. Thanksgiving week is busy crowded, but if you're going solo, it's a lot easier to manage. I've done 3 solo trips and definitely recommend the experience!

One of my favorite sites for finding out about discounts is mousesavers.com. They have a lot of information about current and upcoming discounts, as well as all sorts of other discounts for shopping, etc.

Also, DisneyonaDime.com and the book of the same name by Chris and Krystal Carlson have great tips for saving money before and on your trip.

All 4 theme parks (MK, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, and Animal Kingdom) are part of the base ticket. You'll want to read up about ticket options and how they work before purchasing - options like park hopping, no expiration, and water parks are add-ons that cost extra, but depending on what you want to do can actually save you money if you use them right.

Hope that helps!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale
    Hi All my DWT friends..
    I need some help. I would like to plan a trip for Nov. 22-27 but will most likely be going by myself. I am not super rich but would like to stay in a WDW resort because I want the experience. Are there any good sites to help with good discounts? I am trying to celebrate that I only have one student loan left out of 3!! That means 2 are gone and no longer a pain in the butt!!! I can't even remember if MGM studios is part of the base ticket or if you have to buy a seperate ticket for it like Universal. Any help anyone can offer would be great.
    I just read the article about the woman who often travels to Disney alone and will use some of her safety tips for myself. But any help from all of you would be great. Thank you in advance for your help.
    From what I can see you are going at the tail end of the regular season, value season kicks in on Nov.26, I think you can book your stay under two separate reservations to take advantage of the lower rates. I would suggest a value resort, it's actually cheaper to stay on property than off with a value resort! All Star Sport is good because it's the first stop of the bus so you always get seats. Pop Century has it's own bus so that's not an issue. MGM is part of your Magic your way ticket or Park Hopper. Check out MouseSavers.com, tons of tips there! Have fun on your trip!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Try allearsnet.com also The site is great for bunches of little details that you wouldn't think of otherwise. I am so jealous you get to go alone. HAve fun and behave...lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

cbarritt is offline A Fastpass Ticket Holder: Gargoyles Protect
    California ... "No matter where you go, there you are."
    I'm planing a trip to Disney about the same time, maybe Nov. 18-25. It will be my first solo trip also. I don't really have any penny saving tips to give you. I do agree with Tinker Bell that the value resorts are a good deal. My first trip I stayed at the Contemporary Resort and on my second trip I stayed at the All-Star Music Resort. I think I saved a couple hundred dollars. I have found that hotels in Orlando are about the same price as the value resorts. So you don't save anything there. I also found that hotels as far as an hour away are only about $20.00 - $30,00 per night cheaper if I remember correctly. Then you have to pay car rental so that would eat up your savings.

I have found one way of saving money on food. And it also woks if you're a big eater like me. I think the most expensive part of any trip is food. I like to make breakfast arrangements late in the morning (more like a brunch). This way I only have to worry about two meals instead of three. Let me also explain what I mean by big eater. I normally diet before any trip to loose about 10 pounds. I always gain it back in the week I'm on vacation. That's a lot of food.

I can say that the dates you picked for your trip may the best holiday time. My sister has gone to Disney every year for the past 14 years (sometimes twice in the same year). She tells me that the day after Thanksgiving they have already started putting up the Christmas decoration. So you get to experience two holidays in one trip.
    Chuck

July 1984............Disneyland
    April 2002...........Disney's Contemporary Resort
    July 2004............Disney's All Star Music Resort
    September 2006.......Disney's Pop Century Resort
    November 2006........Disneyland
    December.2006........Disneyland
    Every Weekend 2007...Disneyland

(All most 20 years before returning to Disney!)

Quote Originally Posted by cbarritt
    This way I only have to worry about two meals instead of three. Let me also explain what I mean by big eater. I normally diet before any trip to loose about 10 pounds. I always gain it back in the week I'm on vacation. That's a lot of food.
    Off topic - Gaining 10 pounds on a vacation is the norm for us too! We just went on a cruise a month ago (no, not a Disney, we don't have that kind of money right now!) having two or three desserts after lunch and dinner were a daily occurence...I love to go nuts on food while on vacation but I'm paying for it now! Jeans are still a bit too tight but it was definitely worth it...I miss those raspberry danishes for breakfast! The plus side of a Disney vacation is that there is so much walking involved that you don't gain as much. Actually you end up walking a lot on the cruise ship and in port, throw in a little swimming, not so bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker_Bell
    Off topic
    Thanks for going off topic. Glad I'm not the only one with that problem. Was almost to embaresed to include it. Sounds like you had a great time on your vacation.
    Last edited by cbarritt; 04-02-2006 at 07:24 PM.
    Chuck

Thank you all for your advice.. I really appreciate it.. Now I am thinking about going (if I am going) Nov. 30-Dec 3.. I am trying to cooridinate this trip with taking my mom to NYC for a few days to see the tree lighting in Rockefeller center and take her ice skating there as well.. She has been wanting to do that since she was 8 years old. Now that I am a college graduate I am giving something back to her for the great education that she was able to give to me..

The only reason I say if I am going is because the boyfriend asked me if I would put off my trip for a little while.. I don't know why. He just said to trust him.. So I will probably go with that.. But we will see what happens. Maybe I can take him with me for the weekend! That would be great.

So if anyone still has tips for the end of Nov. Begining of Dec. I would really enjoying hearing all of it! Tips, Tricks, What to go on first what to save for parade times! Thank you..
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Here is a tip, besides those great sites:

disney on a dime's site is helpful, as is the book
    I like
    www.mousesavers.com
    www.allearsnet.com

they both have columns, and tons of pages on budgeting.
    Also, bring food! I pack all my bfast fixings-rolls, pop tarts, cereal bars, etc and eat in the room.
    We pack snacks in a backpack for the parks, and water. If you want to eat a counter service meal, I like cosmic rays in Tomorrowland because they have a great fixings bar, and my kids can split a hamburger and fries, we add all the fixings, and it is a meal for two!

I get chicken or a cesar salad and have plenty left over (yes, I take extra counter service food with me-the kids like to snack on leftover fries, salad, whatever in the stroller later...weird, I know!)

If you avoid the pitfalls of lots of snacks and souveniers in the park, go off season (like you are talking about doing) and stay at a value resort, you do NOT have to be rich to do this. Have fun!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

I'm glad to hear that you going with your mother. It sounded like you were a little skittish about going alone.
    Chuck

Well actually I would be going alone. I am just taking my mom to NYC. We went to Disney World together last year. We had a good time I just want to experience it alone.. I think I kind of need a vacation alone after going to NYC with my mom, sister, and my 2 nephews. That is going to be a long tiring week! hehehe
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    I get chicken or a cesar salad and have plenty left over (yes, I take extra counter service food with me-the kids like to snack on leftover fries, salad, whatever in the stroller later...weird, I know!)
    Not weird! It's a mom thing...I always make sure I have something to feed them at all times, leftovers are the best! My kids like salad too!

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale

The only reason I say if I am going is because the boyfriend asked me if I would put off my trip for a little while.. I don't know why. He just said to trust him.. So I will probably go with that.. But we will see what happens. Maybe I can take him with me for the weekend! That would be great.
    So what is the boyfriend up to....hmmmm

Your guess is as good as mine. hehehe I just thought it would be a good time for me to go to disney since I will be off of work for the week if I wanted to be.
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.