Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Heading Back to WDW - May 19-21 2006 in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Everyone, My wife and I have decided to take a quick weekend trip in May , which is super exciting since we've never been to WDW just the two ...
    Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

Talking Heading Back to WDW - May 19-21 2006

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have decided to take a quick weekend trip in May , which is super exciting since we've never been to WDW just the two of us.

I guess you can call this an Expedition Everest "research" trip, but we're also really excited that we'll be there during the first Star Wars Weekend this year.

I guess would like to know if anyone out there has gone for just a weekend, and what your plan of attack has been. We were just there in January '06, so we've made a list of "must see" attractions. We will have park hopping ability for the two days that we're there. Obviously, our top priority is EE since is wasn't open when we went in January.

Thank you all for any input you might have,

Benjo

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I've been for extended weekend trips which i was able to get lots of stuff in, especially if you already know what you want to do & if it's not as crowded. I can give you a bit of advice on Everest: be at Animal Kingdom when it opens & go there first! Our 40 minute wait to get into the park was better than waiting 80 minutes to ride.
    Last edited by 4Mickey; 03-30-2006 at 04:55 PM.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

trypnotic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Our last trip in February was an extended weekend trip. We figured since we knew the parks well enough and knew what we wanted to do, that three days would be sufficient. We figured that we'd be exhausted but in all actuality we spent a lot of time relaxing and still had plenty of time to hit all the attractions we wanted to see again and do them more than once (sometimes twice). Along with this, we decided not to even attempt going to EE as they were having soft openings and were told the lines were awful.
    B-rad // O // the bloogue moblog

7/86 - Disneyland | 11/02 - AS Movies | 5/03 - Wyndham Palace | 5/05 - La Quinta Lakeside, OKW, AS Music | 2/06 - POP Century | 6/06 - Best Western Lakeside | 12/06 - Best Western Lakeside

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

weekend trip

My husband and I try to go at least once a year for a long weekend without kids. We get everything done we want during this time, mainly because we don't have to go back for an afternoon nap and can take advantage of the extended hours if there are any. We use fast pass as much as possible.

stickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    cool i am going to in july to wdw for four days but i am noy mary so i am going with my parents

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Thanks for the thoughts, guys. We're making a list of the "must see" attractions that we'll do, and going to try and work with the EMH schedule as much as possible. It should be a good trip.

We've been thinking about trying to get three parks in on one of the days and just going to one park on the next. Has anyone done this before? Was it effective?

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!