Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Electrical Water Pageant in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone know if they will be running the Electrical Water Pageant in November? The other question I have is, if you are not staying at a Hotel where it ...
    Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder

Electrical Water Pageant

Does anyone know if they will be running the Electrical Water Pageant in November?

The other question I have is, if you are not staying at a Hotel where it can be seen from, can you take a bus there to see it? I'm guessing you can, and would assume that you can take a bus from that hotel back to Downtown Disney to get to your hotel. Has anyone done that, or have any suggestions on how to see it?

Thanks,

Ron

mattlori is offline A-Ticket holder
    It looks like the water pageant has started running agian.
    We saw it last year in November. We were staying at Port
    Orleans so we decided to eat dinner one night at the
    Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. After dinner
    we saw the water pageant from the beach at the Lodge.
    Very nice, and hardly anyone around to see it. Romantic.
    We did have to bus back to Downtown Disney and then
    grab another bus to Port Orleans, but it wasn't too
    bad. We'll be doing something similar this time around.
    Maybe we'll try the Polyensian! Good luck Ron!
    Matt
    See my history of the <a href="http://www.mattlori.ca/themepark/index.htm">Disney Theme Parks through Paper!
    </a>
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 7, 2005 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Disneyland - Grand Californian</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Here we go!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Matt,

Thanks for the info, I figured I would have to bus back to Downtown Disney, I think my son will really get a kick out of seeing the floats on the lake.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    We'll be watching it from the Beach at the Polyi in November!! I plan on trying to see it every night that I can!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I have seen the EWP a few times, but can't recall if there is any music/narration that goes along with it. Help?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

There's music! Kinda like the MSEP, which came after and was inspired by
    the Water Pageant.
    I've put early water pageant music on my site for a limited time if you
    want to hear it!

http://www.mattlori.ca/themepark/elp.htm

It'll only be there for a week or so though.
    Matt
    See my history of the <a href="http://www.mattlori.ca/themepark/index.htm">Disney Theme Parks through Paper!
    </a>
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 7, 2005 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Disneyland - Grand Californian</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Here we go!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by mattlori
    There's music! Kinda like the MSEP, which came after and was inspired by
    the Water Pageant.
    I've put early water pageant music on my site for a limited time if you
    want to hear it!

http://www.mattlori.ca/themepark/elp.htm

It'll only be there for a week or so though.
    Thanks a million. What kind of WDW items are you looking for for your collection? I really like the Disney Pix site, especially the aerial views of WDW.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 08-25-2004 at 09:50 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    It's been a few years since I've seen the EWP, but it's still one of my faves. It should be visible at all the monorail resorts, but the actual time depends on time of year. They should be able to provide a schedule or there should be one online to show when it's best seen from each resort.

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hey, speaking of the music to the EWP, mom found a 45 record (picturedisc) of the original EWP music. It's dated 1972. Matt, thanks for posting the link!! Sounds awesome!! Thanks!!

Allearsnet.com has some info at http://allearsnet.com/tp/ewp.htm
    It includes times, but you may want to check with your resort to make sure.
    Matt
    </a>