Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss November busy this year?? in the Vacation Planning forums; Well, we've just re-booked our rooms for nov 6-14 after cancelling due to Hurricane Frances. We had booked using the $85 moderate resort special. Well, the same deal is on ...
    mattlori is offline A-Ticket holder

November busy this year??

Well, we've just re-booked our rooms for nov 6-14 after cancelling due to
    Hurricane Frances. We had booked using the $85 moderate resort special.
    Well, the same deal is on for Oct-Dec (discount code BAT). So that's great,
    right? One small problem. All moderate rooms at that rate for our week
    are booked. We did manage to get a king bed room at Port Orleans - French
    Quarter for $100/night. Only other choice we found was a king at CBR.
    Anyone else finding problems with this? Does this mean it'll be busier than
    we think while we're there? Gotta wonder!! Plus flights are more expensive,
    from what we've been able to find. All in all, we've got the same trip for about
    $500 extra!! There goes that new TV I was looking forward to!
    Can't wait to get to WDW.
    Matt
    See my history of the <a href="http://www.mattlori.ca/themepark/index.htm">Disney Theme Parks through Paper!
    </a>
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 7, 2005 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Disneyland - Grand Californian</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Here we go!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    I was at WDW last Novemeber and it was NOT busy at all. I'm sure it'll be even less crowded this year as everyone is wanting to avoid FL with the weather situation they've been having. Wait times were anywhere between walk-on and maybe 20 min. max. You should be just fine....just remember, let your conscience be your guide! ENJOY!
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

I was also there last Nov at about the same time, but had no problem getting
    rooms at a great rate. I'm not really worried, just more curious than anything.
    We're in no hurry this trip to try and do everything possible. More of a relaxed
    atmosphere that I'm really looking forward to. Got a character breakfast at
    Chef Mickey's, plus Hoop-Dee-Doo planned. Plus, it's just me and Lori this trip,
    so we can do what we want and not worry about pleasing others!
    Matt
    See my history of the <a href="http://www.mattlori.ca/themepark/index.htm">Disney Theme Parks through Paper!
    </a>
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 7, 2005 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Disneyland - Grand Californian</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Here we go!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    I was just there a month ago and did Chef Mickey's first thing on the first day for breakfast. I took my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend (along with the other two and their dad) knowing this was his first vacation and that it would be the best thing in the world for him. He talked about that breakfast ALL day long wishing we could have stayed at it all day. I think he's got the magic in him now! :mickey: I'm sure you'll have fun just being Lori and yourself. Enjoy your time and I look forward to reading your trip report.
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

All we've heard is good things about Chef Mickey's! Our breakfast will be more towards the middle
    of our week, on Wednesday @ 10:20 am to lead into our second day at the Magic Kingdom.
    I'll provide a trip report, and many photos, after the trip!
    Matt
    </a>

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Chef Mickey's is a must-do for every one of our vacations!! Can't wait to go (finally) next week!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    november was realy quiet when we went two years ago only a 10 minutes wait

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    I would normally agree that Nov is a great time to go to miss the crowds but with all the weather issues and people rescheduling.......hum

(sshhh, don't tell but I'm stitch's mom)
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl
    I would normally agree that Nov is a great time to go to miss the crowds but with all the weather issues and people rescheduling.......hum

Ohana means family! Family means nobody gets left behind.

Welcome to the board Goofygirl! Now we just need to hook your daughter up with Tarzan....
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Ummm...Tarzan...

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    That time in Nov will not be busy at all. I am surprised they did not give you the same rate since you had to reschedule. I would call again and ask for it since it was out of your control.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl

WELCOME TO DWT.COM

We are more than a trivia site, we are a full service site

We can help you plan your trip and answer most any question you might have.

It is good to have another Connecticut person on the boards
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by mattlori
    Well, we've just re-booked our rooms for nov 6-14 after cancelling due to
    Hurricane Frances. We had booked using the $85 moderate resort special.
    Well, the same deal is on for Oct-Dec (discount code BAT). So that's great,
    right? One small problem. All moderate rooms at that rate for our week
    are booked. We did manage to get a king bed room at Port Orleans - French
    Quarter for $100/night. Only other choice we found was a king at CBR.
    Anyone else finding problems with this? Does this mean it'll be busier than
    we think while we're there? Gotta wonder!! Plus flights are more expensive,
    from what we've been able to find. All in all, we've got the same trip for about
    $500 extra!! There goes that new TV I was looking forward to!
    Can't wait to get to WDW.

What airline are you using?
    I was looking at www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/showOrPrice

and put in 11/6 got a connecting flight from Buffalo @ 11:15 lands in Baltimore 12:20 departs Baltimore 1:50 gets to Orlando at 4:10 (no early non-stops)

coming back home i see an 11:20am non stop arriving in Buffalo at 1:50

the price came back US$518.60 for 2 people.

Your dates include Veterans Day a holiday here in the USA on Novenber 11

Does this help you ?
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

For air, we booked through expedia.ca Flying out of Buffalo @ 6:45am, through Washington, with Orlando at 11:55am. Home departs @ 6:10pm, arriving back in Buffalo @ 11:50pm. We did that to give us an extra half day there to begin and relax with, and a later flight out so we could have another relaxing half day and not have to get up super early to make our flight out. Maybe breakfast at the Magic Kingdom??
    Now we're flying US Airways Let's hope they're still flying in November!
    Oh, flights were $255 canadian. Total with taxes was $655.50 Canadian about $510 US.
    It would be double that if we flew direct out of Toronto!!
    Matt
    </a>