Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Viewing Illuminations in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello to all. It has been quite some time since I have been active on this site because of my health. Well, I am doing much better now And am ...
    Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder

Viewing Illuminations

Hello to all. It has been quite some time since I have been active on this site because of my health. Well, I am doing much better now And am planning a family trip for March - April of next year (spring break) to take my grandson down for his first visit.

We would like to reserve Breathless to watch illuminations. I have checked out several sites and cannot figure this one out. Hopefully someone here has the answer.

Are there any snacks/drinks provided with the rental of Breathless. I know that there is if you rent one of the pontoon boats. If snacks/drinks are not available, can we bring our own? (again I know that you cannot for the pontoon boats)

Thanks in advance.

p.s. - you'll see more of me here in the forums now that I am planning this.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Taken from allears.net

Want to see Epcot's IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth spectacular in style? Consider renting the Breathless from the Yacht and Beach Club Marina or a Pontoon boat from either the YC/BC Marina or the Boardwalk Marina!

ILLUMINATIONS CRUISES

Breathless (shown above and to the right) is the motor boat named after the **** Tracy character. It is a 24-foot ChrisCraft reproduction of a 1930 runabout powered by MerCruiser 350 cubic inch engine, reaching speeds of 50 mph! It has bench seats and can accommodate 6-7 persons. (Note: I think 7 adults is pushing it.) The boat is not covered.
    Cost for Breathless for IllumiNations is $178.40 (plus tax) for up to 7 guests -- this includes a driver.

NOTE: You can also ride on the Breathless during the day. Excursions depart from the marina daily 2:30 - 5:50 p.m. The price is $79.81 per 30 minutes.
    Another option for an IllumiNations cruise is a 24-foot pontoon boat, which seats 10 comfortably. The pontoon has a canopy, is roomier, and has some drink holders. When you rent either boat, it belongs to your party for the show; meaning the only people there will be the ones you've invited! The price for a pontoon IllumiNations Cruise starts at $234.74 + tax, for a maximum of 12 people (10 adults). Cost includes a driver, bagged snacks (pretzels, chips, popcorn), water and Coke products. Other food and beverage items are available through Yacht Club Private Dining at 407-934-3160. You may not bring your own food or beverages on board.

RESERVATIONS for all cruises are made by calling 407-WDW-PLAY, between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m., up to 90 days in advance. You must provide a credit card to hold the reservation. You must cancel at least 24 hours in advance or your card will be charged.

NOTE: The cruise has gotten very popular, so be sure to call ahead for the reservation.

Deb's Mini-Review: Boats sit under the International Gateway bridge for viewing IllumiNations, but not right next to each other, so you feel like you're having a private viewing. Sitting in Breathless, you have a wonderful view of the water fountains, laser ball, and fireworks. From what I can remember, there is a partial view of France (behind you on the right) and the UK (on your left). There are also partial views of Mexico, Germany, Italy, China and the US. Canada and Japan are not visible. The pontoon sits out a bit further and so you have a slightly better view.

Remember, Dreams Come True!

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski
    Hi, I did not know you could rent a boat to watch Illuminations, can anyone tell me how to check into this for pricing and availibility ?

Susan

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski
    Sorry for my last posting I did not scroll up to read the comments from DisneyFreak91.

Susan

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Lol that's ok
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Disneyfreak91 - I had read that on Deb's site and knew all of that. If you read it carefully, it does not mention anything about food and drink for Breathless. It only discusses food and drink in reference to the pontoon boats (at least that is how I read it). We have done the pontoon boats previously (during a RAD gettogether several years ago. Now we are interested in Breathless.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    I would say call disney guest service..they can probably help you!