Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss First Time visitor in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, this is my first posting. I'm writing this from New Zealand. We are planning a trip next year Jun/Jul and where to find the best rates re accommodation staying ...
    karenlk is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile First Time visitor

Hi, this is my first posting. I'm writing this from New Zealand. We are planning a trip next year Jun/Jul and where to find the best rates re accommodation staying on site at WDW. Any info/tips would be appreciated, as getting really confused at the moment, because there is not much on offer over here

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't know if you have already picked a resort, but POP CENTURY is a great place to stay and not very expensive. Check disney.com and they usually have some kind of special offers.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Hi! &

Two great websites to check out for planning information and discounts:

www.allearsnet.com
    and
    www.mousesavers.com

The first one has tons of Disney information - it's one of the best sites out there. The second has lots of tips on saving money. On both sites, sign up for their newsletters, so you can get the latest info!

Good luck!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Welcome to the site

Just ask away we answer lots of questions here!!!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Hello there!

As has already been said, Pop Century is the newest and the cheapest Resort on site (also the All-Stars are in the same price range). You can book now and check with Disney directly at any time to add a discount to the reservation. The closer it gets to the reservation date the better the chance of getting a discount.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

karenlk is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the invitation for the questions - I have plenty. I have just been on the Mousesaver site and worked out that I can probably get some good discounts. We are planning to go in June 2005. When is a good time to start making reservations, we're wanting to stay in one of the deluxe hotels. Is it better to wait until closer to the date, or book now. Also I read somewhere that if you book now and discounts become available they can by applied to the booking - is that correct, and where do you book for that.... sorry for the list of questions

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by karenlk
    We are planning to go in June 2005. When is a good time to start making reservations, we're wanting to stay in one of the deluxe hotels. Is it better to wait until closer to the date, or book now. Also I read somewhere that if you book now and discounts become available they can by applied to the booking - is that correct, and where do you book for that....
    You can book now through Disney's Central Reservations Office (CRO) or the Walt Disney Travel Company(WDTC) via the web or phone 407 WDisney. They are the same phone number, but there a few differences in the fine print. Unless you want very specific room-only reservations, you will be dealing with WDTC. If a discount comes up later, you call back with your reservation number and can make the changes.

You could also deal with a travel agency that specializes in Disney travel, who will watch for discounts for you. I saw you're already posting in the "Who do you Use?" thread, so you can follow the discussions there.

If you're going Deluxe, I've stayed at the Polynesian and the Beach Club and loved both of them.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page