Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss strollers?? which to take?? in the Vacation Planning forums; ok i have a jogging stroller and a regular stroller that is part of my travel sytem.. which do you think would be better... ? the joggings stroller is bigger ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

strollers?? which to take??

ok i have a jogging stroller and a regular stroller that is part of my travel sytem.. which do you think would be better... ?

the joggings stroller is bigger but as far as traveling withit no big deal were in my hubbys huge truck.. but i was wondering if it would be to werid to try to get around the park with..?

or if the bigger stroller would be better to pack more stuff...LOL

to all the parents out there what are you thought?
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I've been a number of times with a few different strollers.

We've taken a singe Peg Perego, the Peg Perego double (side by side), and a Maclaren umbrella stroller. All have served their purposes at times, although of course the double wide is a bit on the large side.

The advantage to the Peg single over the umbrella is the storage space below, and the abliity for it to recline completely. It folds up nicely and my daughter spent many a night/afternoon sleeping in there while I did "research"

The umbrella was quite portable and light, but once you're in the park, it's not really that big of a deal since you rarely (if ever) fold it up.

Your bigger stroller does provide some issues with crowds, monorails, etc. but I can't speak specifically to it since I have not used one.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Disney has strollers in the parks as well. My only advice is that you not use it as a batting ram like most parents do to manuver their way around the park. My leg has many bruises from people slamming strollers into them to get where they would like to go. A simple excuse me would be great.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034
    Disney has strollers in the parks as well. My only advice is that you not use it as a batting ram like most parents do to manuver their way around the park. My leg has many bruises from people slamming strollers into them to get where they would like to go. A simple excuse me would be great.

I cannot speak for everyone, but I will say that although I have bumped into people occassionaly, I absolutley do not do it on purpose and try my very best to be as careful as possible. Sometimes with the crowds, no matter how slow you are moving or how careful you are being it is unavoidable not to bump into people. Most of the time that it happened was either someone cutting me off and walking in front of me or someone pushing me from behind which in turn...pushed me into the person in front of me.

I would definitely take my own stroller as compared to using one from the park and I think that I gave you my reasons for that in a previous post. We have taken both a single stroller as well as the double tandem stroller and it is simply a personal choice. Which ever stroller you feel more comfortable with is the one that I would take! And yes.....the basket room underneath is a wonderful thing to have!!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    For relatively little money (about $30), there are some great travel strollers on the market. I have one by Combi, it folds almost as small as an umbrella stroller, yet has the big basket underneath, reclines, and has a good canopy.

Most Jogging strollers I've seen have the front wheel sticking way out in front, which can be a pain in the crowds.

Even with the big truck, you're still going have times you'll have to lug the stroller around - on the parking lot trams especially.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

njdisneylover is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My recommendation would be to bring the stroller you are most comfortable folding up. I have become a master of the quick fold once the tram, monorail, ect. comes. You must really be familiar with how it opens/closes before your trip.

thats guys i guess i'll be taking ,y travel system one its smaller and it still has a basket but i can flod it up with one hand!!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

ky71 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We favour a peg perego pliko. It has an unusual check material not available anymore so it was easy to spot outside in the stroller parking. If we had brought our peg pram there were several others in the park at the same time as us and I dare say they may have been mistaken. My greatest fear was a stolen expensive pram so we opted for the "well used, been through three babies, unusual coloured" stroller. As for it's use we had no problem folding it up for the tram or buses. It was easy to recline and it's hood folds down lower to cover a sleeping baby too. Go for the lightweight option!

we took the lighter weighted one and it was great.. and i didnt see another one like it.. but the 2nd day she got a balloon and i tied it to the stroller and it made it super easy to spot out.. in a sea of stollers like a pirates.. my DH couldnt find it and i had to go find it for him..

another thing i noticed and didnt like is they moved your stroller ALOT.. your in line for 50 mins.. and when you come back even if you parked it in the stroller parking it would be somewhere else... i really hated that
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy