Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss PLEASE need relaxation tips! in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok I need a list of good relaxation tips that don't cost me too much money please lol. I really need these quick lol...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

PLEASE need relaxation tips!

Ok I need a list of good relaxation tips that don't cost me too much money please lol.

I really need these quick lol
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    sorry i'm a first time.. we'll be down therer together!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    Just relax by the pool and kick back and have a few drinks. With heat down there, you will need it.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    It's Florida. In July. Which is almost as bad as August as far as heat goes. Just know that's it's going to be crowded, hot, and stressful. Like EeyoreFan says, kick back by the pool with a few drinks if you can. Bring plenty of water in the parks and make sure to sit down and get rest when you need it. Also, I find bringing/buying a powerade to sip on during the day really keeps your energy up!

And don't forget to ENJOY!
    Tina

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    drink your butt off...

lol ok pool is a must.

Any other special things I could do?

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Don't rush around. You will be tempted to do so. It's July and hot! What we do is relax by the pool till around 1100- 1200. Go back to the room, shower then head to whatever park we were planning on that day. Maybe find a nice place for lunch first. We used to rush around, making sure we were at the gates as soon as they opened. Why stress yourself? It's Disney, enjoy the sites. Take in the atmosphere. Feel the vibe. Remember, you're on vacation, Main Street isn't going anywhere.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    1) Find a shady spot and people watch while sipping a cool drink. Guests are really part of the entertainment.
    2) Take in a few shows.
    3) Make reserved seating dinning ahead so you know where you're eating for the day and don't have to "shop" for a place to eat which can be stressful when you are really hungry.
    4) Watching animals at Animal Kingdom or Animal Kingdom lodge is relaxing and entertaining.
    5) Set reasonable limits for things to see and do and include "down time" in your schedule.
    6) As Disney05 said..."Take in the atmosphere. Feel the vibe. Remember, you're on vacation, Main Street isn't going anywhere."
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

lol we've never done this relaxation thing at WDW. That's why my mum is so stressed all the time? lol I promise to make her feel relaxed more this time I swear.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Get her drunk...that normally works with my mother.
    Like at the Hawaiin Luau (sp?) We were extremely relaxed!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Lol I'll let her know

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Oh wait, you said don't cost a lot of money. Nvm.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    I count my blessings, name them one by one.

I had to change the theme and way I describe this simple mind game. You go through the alphabet and name stuff and why it is valuable or special to you. Just let your mind wonder off on these things. In time you forget your problems and are happy thinking of past happy memories.

For example:
    A apples make great snacks
    B bacon frying up in the morning
    C clean air
    D dogs

Another things it to get away from people even if you have to sit in a corner of your hotel room. Quiet time helps me. There are many little corners where you can sit and quietly watch people or attractions. Discovery Island was a great place for that. At DLR I used to go to Big Thunder and sit in the shade while sipping iced tea. At WDW there was this little park like area in the UK area that was nice and quiet. The area around innoventions had some nice nooks to hide out.

Plan ahead your vacation so that you do not stress out but be prepared for changes. Bring a book or ipod for them long lines. I have seen some kids with hand held games in parks. At DLR another way to escape was to go to Honey I Shrunk the Audience and slide down in the seat. I could nap there or at least zone out for 15 minutes or more. Most theater type shows like Mr. Lincoln and Honey I Shrunk the Audience are good weather proof areas to get out of the sun or weather while sitting and relaxing. CM never booted nappers either, woot.

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    go back to your room after the afternoon parade and NAP your heads off.

my darling husband and i had some of the most wonderful naps at disney in the middle of the day. it's beautiful because your room looks nice when you get back, and it's airconditioned and secluded. we hop off the bus, grab some pina coladas at the pool bar and sip them poolside, then head back to the room for a cuddle and a nap. maybe you won't want to cuddle with your mama (lol) but you get my point.

also, the boardwalk is a fun place to wind down. you can rent those bikes for lots of people and ride that around for a while.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Another good thing to do is not try to take on the parks one day after another. It WILL make you tired and angry fast. Many families who try to pull this one end up enjoying the next day at the park less and less. Something my mom and I do for fun is go to downtown disney, ride the monorail, just go around looking around in the resorts and the shops inside them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast