Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss First Time Planner in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey guys! My girlfriends and I just made the decission to go to WDW next year in celebration of epcots approaching 25th anniversary and the food & wine festival in ...
    PrncsAurora is offline Fastpass Holder

Talking First Time Planner

Hey guys! My girlfriends and I just made the decission to go to WDW next year in celebration of epcots approaching 25th anniversary and the food & wine festival in october. We have all been to WDW before, but have never planned the trip ourselves, we were younger and with family or joining my sister and her drill team trip.

We are some of the places to start on planning a trip for four girls ranging in ages 29-22? Please help me with setting up or finding somewhere that lays out points to consider and steps that need to be taken care of in the next 14 months!

Has anyone been to the food and wine festival sans kids, what should we not miss?! Any thoughts on wheter we should go with value or moderate resort? Is it safe to assume $1000 EACH can get us there from Texas and allow us to enjoy ourselves for four days?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!

ps has anyone ever used expedia to book disney resorts?
    Last edited by PrncsAurora; 07-16-2006 at 06:54 PM.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Hi Pr. Aurora! Welcome to DWT!! You will get alot of great suggestions on these boards! First let me start by saying "congratulations" on your 1st solo (with friends) trip ! You have probably worked hard for your money so you want to spend it wisely. I guess after you figure out your transportation the next step would be to figure out where you are staying. Are all 4 girls planning on staying in the same room? If so, then I would consider a moderate resort, where the rooms are a little bigger. I have just recently ordered a "Passporter" guide book, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158...e=UTF8&s=booksI haven't gotten yet, but I have been told that it is a very good planning book as well as a guide book . Hopefully I'll get it soon! I guess the biggest thing is to go over your budget and see what everyone can afford. Of course in 14 months prices will probably go up. But just get an idea. Talk with your friends about restaurants you may want to try or discuss whether you want to use the dining plan. I have never used Expedia but if you do decide to use them just make sure they guarantee their prices, I remember someone had a problem with that once . I am going to the Food and Wine Featival for the 1st time in November so I can let you know after that if there is anything not to be missed! Good Luck and have fun planning!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We did the food and wine festival last year, and it was awesome... I would suggest that you make sure to stop at each country kiosk around the World Showcase (the smaller ones they setup), and try some food and drink at each... my favorites were Poland (great kielbasa and beer), Canada had a phenomenal Ice Wine, Italy (best food of all the kiosks), and Ireland had a cool beer and great pudding. We tried something at each one, and it was the best night... plus, you don't have to go to dinner that night, because by the time you make the rounds, you're full!

As for planning the trip, we go through our American Express travel agent, and she takes all the worry of planning out of everything... plus, if you have an Amex card and put the trip on the card, you get a % discount off the whole trip! (I don't remember exactly how much, but we were very happy about it)... you can also get AAA discounts too... Mousesavers.com is the best site I've seen when it comes to planning trips yourself, in order to save money, because it will tell you all the little ways you can save on costs... happy planning!

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hi Sis!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

PrncsAurora is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks all for your help!