Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss OCD setting in. in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm going in 19 days, I have no real structured packing list. nor have I started(I normally start 30 days out). My father has now decided that we will arrive ...
    AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder

OCD setting in.

I'm going in 19 days, I have no real structured packing list. nor have I started(I normally start 30 days out). My father has now decided that we will arrive a day early so really it's 18 days. I'm going to have to redo my entire touring plans. and figure out what we are going to do on Saturday and where we will stay.

any suggestions?

*I may seem entire stressed out but if i don't have some sort of plan even if it doesn't get followed i feel so much better when we get there.*

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    I agree. I don't mind if we don't end up following my itinarary, but I need to have one! We leave for Florida in just over a week, and I have already put the 'holiday clothes' in a different wardrobe, and made a start on packing the hand luggage, I have packing lists, to do lists, lists of phone numbers and important information for my parents, neighbours and people looking after the pets. I have a file just for Florida stuff on my laptop! My bf would be quite happy to just pack and go, but I would be far more stressed if I wasn't doing all this!
    I suggest you get on the web and find a place to stay first, then you will feel happier. Can your hotel not take you for an extra night? You don't have to change your plans too much - maybe use your extra day for a rest and chill out by the pool or something?
    And it's not OCD or stress - its being organised.....or so I say!!

Most of all, enjoy your trip!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

were staying at Pop starting on the 27th. I'm thinking we'll end up shopping and staying off site and checking in to Pop at 7am the next day and head for the parks. I don't really know what rest is. I go crazy sitting still and not doing anything. I'm thinking we may go to DD for a while or shopping.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Excellent. Get some shopping in beforehand! Have a fab time
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I found this website that has an Ultimate Packing List for Disney, it's kind of a check list. It also has all these different Travel Journals and Trivia for the ride. www.mouseforless.com really cool site too!
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

Thanks, I now have 3 packing lists. and I sent shopping today. I'm excited but I don't think I've ever been this OCD about packing and stuff.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    AAAHHH the planning phase! I can remember driving my wife nuts with this! I had a "battle plan" for each day. We made a list of things that we really wanted to see and do in each park. So when we were there, we knocked out all those things first and then had time to goof around. We went in early May and arrived on a Monday. We were in the MK by five pm, and we rode EVERYTHING that we wanted that night. We only waited about ten minutes for Splash Mountain!! There were hardly any people there! To make a long story short, we had gotten a ten day package and had about four days left to take pictures, shop, and ride things for the second and third times.

I planed my last trip Dec 31-Jan 4 that our longest wait was 15 min and we rode every ride by the end of the day on Jan 1. and had the rest of the days, when the crowds were low, to ride what every we wanted and take our time and just have fun. this year I signed up for touringplans.com and it's starting to help. I plan on riding everything again by the 3rd day, and then just taking it easy.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps

haunted mouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was pleasantly surprised by my wife lastnight who told me she is letting my son and I go to WDW for a Xmas present. Our trip is in November, I have never been there at that time of year, we always go in February or March. The really cool part is we were not scheduled to go until next February because of the twins being too young to go. Looks like I have some planning to do, this will be great because I could not wait a whole year to ride Pirates again. We just missed riding it on our last trip in March, I was looking forward to riding the old style ride one more time, but now I cannot wait to check out the new additions.

Lani is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnF
    were staying at Pop starting on the 27th. I'm thinking we'll end up shopping and staying off site and checking in to Pop at 7am the next day and head for the parks. I don't really know what rest is. I go crazy sitting still and not doing anything. I'm thinking we may go to DD for a while or shopping.
    We're staying at ASMovies starting the night of the 31st! I love hearing about others who will be at WDW at the same time!

I think we have planned everything that can possibly be planned. I just pulled out the suitcase the other day and bought another pair of shorts today!

ginarella is offline A-Ticket holder
    OMG.........are you related to my husband?!?! We're going in 32 days, and he's already got the itinerary done!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Ginarella, are you talking about me? Has your husband driven you nuts with the itenerary? LOL!! It's a guy thing, trust me. We have to have a plan for almost everything. But, it really helps to have a plan for WDW. If you don't, you will miss the cool stuff and run into long lines.

Planning is good. and sometimes holding out until the last minute is good, I just got a great rate on a flight there and back.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps

ginarella is offline A-Ticket holder
    Firemedic.....here's the deal...we have been to WDW many times together. Our most recent trip being last September...with the kids (ages 3 & 5 then). We went there for our honeymoon, and this upcoming trip is for our 10th wedding anniversary. We originally planned on staying at the All Star Music, and made our reservations for there. Then, the more we talked about it, we decided to upgrade to Caribbean Beach Resort (I'm very excited, this is the first time I was actually able to talk him into the upgrade!!) Every trip we have been on has been very, very planned (almost overplanned), with the last day spent redoing anything that we really enjoyed. We booked the Keys to the Kingdom tour this time, and tried to make some dinner reservations that we wouldn't have done with the kids (Le Cellier & Coral Reef), the other reservations are for places that we have to do every trip that are very family oriented.

My philosphy for this trip was to just relax and take it easy, we will be there for 6 days without the kids, as opposed to the past 3 trips with the kids. I said I want to scope out an awesome place to watch parades.....and be able to sit there and not have to run anyone to the potty, or anything like that. And he agreed....I didn't believe him for one minute! He's a police officer, and everything has to be planned out.....we go to the grocery store, and the first words out of his mouth are.....do you have the list! I love him to death, please don't get me wrong, but I have threatened to hide his itinerary and force him to just relax! I know that this trip is going to be great, no matter what we do. The only one big thing that has been added is Expedition Everest, so as long as that gets done, all will be well!!!!