Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Day Trip?? in the Vacation Planning forums; my family wants to go on a day trip while in FL we are looking for something fun, not a long drive and have i mentioned something fun!!! thanx for ...
    kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder

Day Trip??

my family wants to go on a day trip while in FL

we are looking for something fun, not a long drive and have i mentioned something fun!!!

thanx for all the input!!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    there is fun stuff outside of Disney in Florida??? I thought there were only senior citizens.

Just Kidding!!!!!!

Are you looking for another theme-park type thing or something entirely different?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Tarpon Springs, the Sea Sponge capital of the World!
    Seriously, its actually a very cool place. There are tons of shops with those really tacky beach gifts, including oversized towels, novelty EVERYTHING and great little places to eat with delicious and greasy food. There is a long boardwalk along the water, and places to interact with manitees, sting rays, and...sponges! Its on the west coast, close to Tampa. I recommend it. We usually go every time we're down south.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    there is fun stuff outside of Disney in Florida??? I thought there were only senior citizens.

Just Kidding!!!!!!

Are you looking for another theme-park type thing or something entirely different?
    no theme park kind of things...
    but fun...
    anything besides that
    and nothing thta is a really long drive!!!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Trust me, Orlando IS tourist city USA.

Believe me, no matter where you go at least 20 miles within WDW's radius, you will find hundreds of brochures for other side-attractions. There's Butterfly World, Medieval Times (I highly recommend), and dozens more. Just stop by a brochure place and you'll find what you need to know.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We usually go to Cocoa Beach, Fl .. It is about 45 min.-1 hour from WDW (you go straight across the Bee-line). We go for the beach but there are other things to do, like Kennedy Space Center (Cape Canaveral), Brevard County Zoo (bear with me with my choice of smilies) and the usual stuff (mini golf, go carts). There is no boardwalk but there is a small pier (no rides). Ron Jon has a very large store here (Cocoa Beach) and they also have a resort in Cape Canaveral (I've never stayed at this resort but I've seen good reviews about it http://www.ronjonresort.com/. Just a little side note: from the beaches you can see the Disney Cruise Lines leave port, it's pretty nice watching all the big ships .
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

thanx for the suggestions....

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon
    Tarpon Springs, the Sea Sponge capital of the World!
    Seriously, its actually a very cool place. There are tons of shops with those really tacky beach gifts, including oversized towels, novelty EVERYTHING and great little places to eat with delicious and greasy food. There is a long boardwalk along the water, and places to interact with manitees, sting rays, and...sponges! Its on the west coast, close to Tampa. I recommend it. We usually go every time we're down south.
    Not my day trip but this sounds great! I have to remember to check out Tarpon Springs next time I'm down there.