Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Going to WDW late Sept. What should I expect? in the Vacation Planning forums; My fiance and I are getting married on Siesta Key Beach and heading straight for Disney that night. We plan on staying at Pop Century. We also plan on getting ...
    Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!

Going to WDW late Sept. What should I expect?

My fiance and I are getting married on Siesta Key Beach and heading straight for Disney that night. We plan on staying at Pop Century. We also plan on getting 4 day park hopper passes even though we are staying 6 days. The two extra days are so we can visit hotels on property and also so we can shop DTD and go to Pleasure Island.

I guess my questions are:

What kind of discounts are running for the days of Sept. 27-Oct. 4?

What should I expect of Pop Century?

How is the Transportaion to and from Pop Century?

What kind of AAA discounts are there?

What kind of Disney Visa discounts are there?

What kind of lines should I expect during this time?

Are there any eating places that are around 5-8 dollars per person?

What restaurant would you recommend if I wanted to spend around $25 per person?

I went many times during my childhood and have loved this place since day 1. I have wanted to plan a Disney trip for my future wife and I since I met her back in Nov. of 03'. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her by starting out at Disney!!! :mickey: (I wish I could make these two kiss)

angharad is offline A-Ticket holder
    First off...congratulations! There's no better way to start a life together than at the happiest place on earth.

My biggest tip for you is to go for a 6-day pass, as opposed to the 4-day. A Magic Your Way pass w/Park Hopper option for 6 days is only a few dollars more than getting one for 4 days. This way you'd have the option of going to the parks on those days if you decide to.

Meals for 5-8 dollars a person will most likely be counter-service or kiosks. Cosmic Ray's in MK is great for old-fashioned fast food, Epcot's World Showcase is great for something a little different. For $25 a person, I'd recommend nearly any of the restaurants in the World Showcase. Check out allearsnet.com for actual menus from WDW restaurants.

The lines shouldn't be too bad. September is pretty much "off-season" for WDW, if I remember correctly.

Pop Century is a decent resort. It's the newest of the "Value" resorts, so it has a little less wear-and-tear than the others (not that the others are in bad shape). It's a very basic hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and equipped with the standard hotel furniture: bed, dresser/TV stand, night table, table & chair. There's a bathroom and (usually) a vanity area with sink. You can rent a mini-fridge for a small fee.

For a good collection of discounts, try mousesavers.com

And the most important thing of all...have a fantastic time!

Thanks! I can't wait. I am counting down.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    AAA and Disney Visa both have discounts, you can use one or the other but not both . It should be anywhere between 10%-20% off the room (from AAA) or package (Disney Visa). So hold off buying your tickets until you find out the deal from Visa. BTW, from what I hear, not all the Visa operatiors were familiar with the discount so you may have to call back or ask for a supervisor till you get the deal . I have never been in September so I couldn't tell you about the crowds but considering all the kids are back in school by then I would expect them to be manageable. But also MNSSHP starts in mid-Sept and runs through October, so that will draw in some additional crowds. Angharad pretty much summed up the POP, if you want additional info, here is a website: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_pop.htm. If you want to dine somewhere special (it's your honeymoon, so I will assume that you will), I would try the California Grill. It's atop the Contemporary and the views are spectacular. Try to make the ressies so you are there during fireworks . You will probably spend more then $25.00 a head, but it will be worth it. Have a great honeymoon and Congratulations!!!!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Thank you for the info!!!! Keep the information coming, I'll take all that I can get.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    You didn't mention whether you planned on having a car. You may need to go off property to stay under your $25.00/head for sit-down meals, but make sure you splurge on at least one meal at any of the great sit-down restraurants. You just can't go wrong. (Avoid alcohol with your meal can help keep the cost down.)

Have a great time!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Stitch
    How is the Transportaion to and from Pop Century?

What kind of lines should I expect during this time?

I have wanted to plan a Disney trip for my future wife and I since I met her back in Nov. of 03'. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her by starting out at Disney!!!
    How sweet are you!

I believe that Pop Century has its own buses so that should be pretty painless, especially since you are going in slow-ish season. You are at the tail end of the slow period, you might notice more and more people as you get nearer to October but it should not be bad at all crowd-wise.

Have you looked into the dining plan? Great way to eat like a king and save a few bucks.

Have a great time and congrats!!

Thanks!!!! How much should I expect to pay at a sit sown meal in the World Showcase?

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Check out this link, it has all the menus and prices for all the WDW restaurants, it'll give you a pretty good idea of the prices.

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#epc