Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss First WDW trip in Oct - What can I expect? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone, My wife and I just made plans to go to WDW 9/30 to 10/5. It's our first trip to WDW since 2001. We always went in August but ...
    djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder

First WDW trip in Oct - What can I expect?

Hi everyone,

My wife and I just made plans to go to WDW 9/30 to 10/5. It's our first trip to WDW since 2001. We always went in August but this is our first time going in October (and without the kids - 20th Wedding Anniversay).

What can we expect for weather and lines?

Thanks everyone.
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    As far as weather--
    in November the average high is 79, average low is 59. Average rainfall is 2.32 inches, which is one of the least "rainy" times of the year there.

As far as crowds, crowds will be relatively low. Kids are in school and I don't remember there being any holidays during that time.

I'd say you chose a very good time to go, just be aware that when it's quieter they close some rides down for refurbishment and there may be less nightime entertainment.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Food and Wine Festival at Epcot

Mickey's Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom

MICKEY BOSE is offline A-Ticket holder
    NY - 48 weeks a year...Old Key West 4 Weeks a year!!!
    You will never want to go back in August again!!!

I was a veteran of the annual July/August WDW trip. Having gone every year with my parents, the summer was the time to go since school was out.

After high school I started going later in Sept and Oct since I was low man on the totem pole at work and got poor vacation choice...THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME!!!

No lines, no heat, less people, less children screaming...

Down side is that they refurb attractions more at this time, but that is a fair trade-off for the luxury of a less hectic WDW vacation!!!

ENJOY...
    VACATION CLUB MEMBER SINCE 1994

Married at Disney Wedding Pavillion 2003

I have spent 418 nights at Walt Disney World since 1971!!! Does that make me a freak?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I concur with Mickey Bose. I used to teach school and taking off in the Fall would not have been received well. We now have been several times in Sept/Oct and LOVE it. AND you'll find going without kids is really fun; (you might even begin to wonder why anyone would want to bring kids...just kidding) Make sure you let at least one restaurant know that you are celebrating an anniversary. Have a great time! We'll be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary while we are there in Oct.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    Well i would head stright to the new ride at Animal Kingdom witch is Everest. It's a new ride at the World. Also There is nothing like shopping! Well i guess you would konw that. I just hope you have a great time!
    Got Disney?

djrmusic is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks everyone

Thanks to all who posted. I really appreciate your comments.
    Dave R
    DJRMusic

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    What happens if you mention to a restaurant that it is your anniversary or in our case, Disney will be our honeymoon late this month.