Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Calling for reservations in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone had a bad experience with WDW reservation telephone staff? I have had now 2 really bad experiences The first was making the PS for the HDDR and the ...
    crashbunny is offline Moderator

Calling for reservations

Has anyone had a bad experience with WDW reservation telephone staff?
    I have had now 2 really bad experiences

The first was making the PS for the HDDR and the Luau - the woman on the line didnt know what I was talking about and she was downright rude - I'm checking again just to make sure that the PS s are correct and in the system

And just now I got off the phone arranging my tours and again rude and computer unsavy.

Anyone else run into this or have I just had a bad couple of call?

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    CRO has hundreds, if not thousands of CM's. If at any time you are not happy, simply say goodbye and call back. The chances of you getting the same CM is nil. I am sure Disney tries to get the best possible CM's, but in the job market today $5.15 only gets a limited number of highly qualified persons. If you do talk to a different CM and he or she is competent, please ask to talk to a supervisor and explain your concerns to him or her. I have found Disney will do almost anything to make a guest feel good about the experience with CRO, but don't expect a free room. Yes, I have talked to several "newbie" CM's at CRO, but I helped them out as much as possible. I still remember all the help I needed when I first set foot in the classroom. I was a much better teacher after seven years of experience.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 10-22-2004 at 09:45 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

thanks for the advice

I was tempted to hang up but I wanted to get the tours set up and get the reservations set for the fireworks

I think I plan tooooo much

Next time I will hang up if i get someone grumpy

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Basically what JC said. Just try calling again. You can ask for someone different as well. I have gotten many in the past that I could not understand due to language (spanish mainly). When you call you never know where you are going to end up. When it is really busy you might get Guest Relations at one of the parks.

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    Has anyone had a bad experience with WDW reservation telephone staff?
    I have had now 2 really bad experiences

The first was making the PS for the HDDR and the Luau - the woman on the line didnt know what I was talking about and she was downright rude - I'm checking again just to make sure that the PS s are correct and in the system

And just now I got off the phone arranging my tours and again rude and computer unsavy.

Anyone else run into this or have I just had a bad couple of call?

When calling CRO or any other thing for reservations at Disney be sure to use the full names of the event or place. Such as I want the 5:30 show for hoop de doo and not HDD. or I would like a priority seating for Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge and not I need a PS at AP in the WL.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Trust me I was extremely explicit and spoke very carefully- I had a list of dates and times and events in front of me as I was on the phone. She had computer troubles and it sounded like she really didnt understand how to use it. I felt like jumping thru the phone to help her

I guess what upset me the most was the rudeness

I expect that someone working with people all day not be as cranky as the one CM that I had on the phone. I deal with customers all the time and I would have been fired if I talked that way to one of our customers. Granted these guys spend thousands and millions on machines, but customer service is just that service. I save all year to go on this vacation and I think that expecting pleasant customer interaction is not asking too much.

( Ok I'll put the soapbox back behind the castle where I borrowed it from
    )

disneygramma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    best thing to do is hang up and try again. when I speak to the second person I let them know about the first. they do give you their name and just tell them. I have gotten beautiful letters from CRO saying they were sorry for the past problems and to continue to advise them of problems. try it. it can't hurt.
    Second star to the right....straight on till morning!!!:mickey:

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We had a couple of priority seating issues when we went down last year, but as you do we double and triple check everything and the staff took care of everything.
    Eric