Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Any Advice On December Disney Trips? in the Vacation Planning forums; Anyone have any tips on the Christmas Season at the World? I am trying to figure out what I should look for and if there's anything special to look out ...
    nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP

Any Advice On December Disney Trips?

Anyone have any tips on the Christmas Season at the World?
    I am trying to figure out what I should look for and if there's anything special to look out for. ( I know about the Christmas Party and VMK Quests)
    Thx Ahead of Time For Helping Me Make My Christmas Trip More Magical

mrmouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    Check out this link:http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/holiday.htm

This website has practically anything you would need to help plan your trip. I am going for the first time in December this year and can't wait. I would recommend Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. I haven't been to this event before but I have been to the Not So Scary Halloween party and my whole family loved it. Based on that, I'm sure the Christmas party is just as good. If you decide to go, try to go on a weeknight as the crowds should be smaller. Also, checkout the Osborne Family Spectacle of lights in MGM. All parks will have decorations up and some have special holiday time parades as well.
    Disneyland in October '07?

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    You know what I would do (and I am doing this) is to take a day off from the parks and just resort hop! All of them have special decorations. You have the gingerbread house at the grand floridian and the carousel at the boardwalk....tons to see! Take a day to just see it all!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Depending at what time of December you head down the attendants at the parks may vary. I went last year the first week in December and did the party the parks where empty. I also been during Christmas mad crazy. My suggestion if you have the time or interest do some resort hopping and look at the decoration they are the best a few of them were even feature on a Food network special Holiday's a WDW.

Oh yeah it can very cold in December yes even in Florida it get's cold. I was so cold last year smoke was coming out of my breath. Have fun

Also do the MVMCP if you can this is an excellent time to get see characters in thier holiday best. We got to see Beast and Belle in their Christmas clothes as well as Snow White and her Prince it a really cool party. You even get a free family photo actually we got two. It fun and a must also very special fireworks and Parade and all attractions and rides are open.
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 09-26-2006 at 10:19 AM.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Epcot has storytellers in the different countries, telling about holidays around the world. The special holiday finale to Illuminations is incredible.

Also, the Yuletide Fantasy tour is very interesting. It goes to Epcot & MGM, the Grand Floridian, and the warehouse backstage where the magic is made & stored each year.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    NicksAhoy, we'll be right behind you. We have never done a December trip either. I have done a good bit of research, and resort hopping seems like a "must do". The Grand, Poly, and Contemporary definately have some good decorations. Like Jediprincess pointed out, those were featured on the Food Network special. And from what I have read, there will be SO MUCH to do and see for MVMCP. I feel like we'll need a plan of attack just to do the party.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    You know what I would do (and I am doing this) is to take a day off from the parks and just resort hop! All of them have special decorations. You have the gingerbread house at the grand floridian and the carousel at the boardwalk....tons to see! Take a day to just see it all!
    I do exactly that also.....& will be checking out all the Disney Hotels Xmas decorations & tree,s when we are over soon..........................its a day well spent ....& its easy to get around to several on the one day

I Belle
    Maggie

Politzania is offline A-Ticket holder

Yuletide Fantasy Tour review

The Yuletide Fantasy Tour is really neat - but takes a big chunk of your day (4+hrs), so plan accordingly, bring snacks & don't plan much of anything else for the rest of the day.

We took the tour in 2004 - we started in Epcot & toured WS, talking briefly about the holiday traditions in each country. Then off to MGM for a look at how Hollywood portrays the holidays & the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights. We then went to the Grand Floridian & visited the Gingerbread House & talked a bit about how WDW decorates the resorts. Next up was MK - unfortunately, our tour was the day the Christmas Parade was taping, so Main Street was a madhouse! Our last stop was Holiday Services, where 25 or so CM's work year round designing, building & maintaining the holiday decorations for WDW, the Cruise line and the east coast DVC resorts.
    We really enjoyed the tour & may do it again in a few years.

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Early December has become my favorite time to visit WDW. I've been the first and the second week and crowds are pretty light weekdays, Saturdays are always crowded.

I also suggest you do MVMCP. I do MVMCP every Dec. trip. In 2004 and 2005 they kept it "snowing" on Main Street through the entire party. The special shows are worth seeing, it's fun to pop in and get free cookies and cocoa through the night, I always catch the 2nd parade because it's less crowded, in 2004 I rode Pirates totally alone and got very scared (boats in front and back were totally empty) and last Dec. a friend and I rode Splash 3 times in a row without getting off with logs in front and behind empty as well. It's just a very fun night. I've always been able to get in MK with my MVMCP ticket at 4 p.m. and I hit Pecos Bill's for something to eat while the park "closes" from 6 to 7 p.m. to prepare for the party.

The resorts are beautiful. I usually take a part of one or two days to visit them. Downtown Disney is lovely too. I'd definitely catch the nightly tree lighting ceremony at EPCOT one night as well as Holidays Around the World in World Showcase.

Weather is good too. In 2004 it was 46 degrees the first day but I found that made it even more festive for the holidays and it was 19 degrees when I flew out of Texas that a.m. The rest of the trip was swimming weather. In 2005 it was high 70's to 80's all but one drizzly/rainy day but it wasn't cold. In fact, that was MVMCP day for me. I wore a sweater to MVMCP and it was plenty warm enough, I never took the sweatshirt from around my waist.

And, it's value season rates at the resorts which is always nice. I've been in late Sept., early and late October but after one trip in Dec., I was hooked.

Have a magical trip!!! Let us know what you think of December.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach