Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Going with a group of 10? Where to stay? in the Vacation Planning forums; Lol hey there, i'm new here so i guess a small intorduction is in order before i ask my question. Basically my mom is having a bussiness trip to WDW ...
    FerretDeprived is offline A-Ticket holder

Going with a group of 10? Where to stay?

Lol hey there, i'm new here so i guess a small intorduction is in order before i ask my question. Basically my mom is having a bussiness trip to WDW and i get to tag along. The problem is me and 8 other people. Lol

What is the most inexpesnive way for a group of 10(who can be broken up into 4,4,2 or 3,4,3 ect.) to stay onsite? We were looking at the timeshares/cabins but those confused me as i don't understand exactly what is require and what is the actual rates?

Are the villas actually open for stay or do we have to be a member of the disney club and own timeshire in order to get a villa? I was looking at the villas ,but i don't know the actual rates either or if regular people with a large group are even allowed to stay?

Would getting a cabin at wilderness ground be cheaper? How many peope does it actually hold? Would we need an extra room somewhere along with the cabin to fit everyone into a room?

Are there group rates/specials we could get?

We're jsut looking for the most inexpensive way so whatever is needed will work. I was hoping to stay onsite but if we need to stay offsite that will work to ,but i really want that to be the last option. Lol I love staying onsite rather than off. Alot more fun.

Anyways, sorry about all he questions i'm really confused on group stays and such. I've been to walk disney world loads of time but we had at most 5 people. Lol. Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by FerretDeprived; 10-01-2006 at 02:36 PM.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    You can rent out the DVC grand villa if you are not a dvc member, so you could do that, but it would probably be cheaper to break up into seperate rooms at pop century or something. You might be able to get a group rate, but I don't know for sure.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I agree with Skiyalater, that a value resort may be the way to go. This way if you are getting 3 rooms, you will have 3 bathrooms. I wouldn't do the cabins at FW , it would be very cramped and it's not that cheap.There is a group sales # you could try and ask them if they have discounts, but I don't know if a group of 10 would be big enough to be considered for any discounts. The group sales # is 407-828-3200. BTW, to DWT.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Don't forget the suites in All-Star Music...they sleep 6 people each, so two fo those would be perfect.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

oh! i forgot about the suites at pop century. Do you know what the rates are a night? I'd tried looking on disneyworld.com but coulnd't find the prices for their suites, just their normal rooms.

Ok i looked and it seems like we could get a suite at the pop century or we can get a room at another resort. It seems the number went down to now 4 or 5 people. So i was thinking about booking port orleans-riverside. You think its any better/worse/different than pop century? Are the room spacious enough for 4 or 5 people. I know alot of rooms can be small and alot of rooms can be spaciousy as far as hotel rooms go.

Thanks!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I can't really comment on the difference between POP and POR because I have never stayed at either of them but as far as room size goes I can tell you the comparisions. The POP's rooms are small at 260 square feet compared to POR which is 314 square feet. I think because you are talking about all adults, I believe it would be worth it to pay a little more and be more comfortable. Also since you are talking about 4 or 5 people, that would leave potentially 3 people in one room (I guess I should ask if you are talking about 2 rooms ) and I don't know how you were doing the sleeping arrangements but in the Riversides Alligator Bayou rooms they offer a complimentary trundle bed which would fit a small adult (it slides out from under the double bed). I'm not sure of the suite sizes but how many bathrooms do they offer in the suites?? That's a key issue in our family. 2 rooms-2 bathrooms!!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Well oddly enough now it's just down to me my mom and a co-worker and her daighter. So i think we can stick to 2 rooms(1 each). But has anyone stayed in pop century? We're deciding between pop century and New Orleans. Obviously New Orleans is more expensive. Is it worth it to really pay extra for New Orleans? We'll only be there for a weekend.

So in other words what is anyones reveiw on Pop Century compared to New ORleans if you stayed in both(or one woudl work fine). Is there someone i can PM who has stayed at both?

Sorry about all the questions.Thanks for the help!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I've stayed at both. Pop Century is fine for a value resort. If you're just looking for a clean bed on Disney property, and will be spending all of your time in the parks, it's perfect. It has a food court of a decent size, though I only ate one breakfast there.
    Port Orleans: Riverside and Port Orleans: French Quarter are lovely resorts. Rooms are larger than Pop, grounds are beautifully landscaped (very lush and green) and their atmosphere encourages a slower pace. Food courts have a lot of variety, and Riverside has a table-service restaurant. I've enjoyed staying at the Port Orleans resorts very much, especially on longer trips when we had the time to explore more and enjoy all the resorts have to offer.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

orlando.vip is offline A-Ticket holder
    Rent a house if you plan on staying for a week. Multiple bedrooms, kitchen, livingroom, and even your own pool.

Quote Originally Posted by orlando.vip View Post
    Rent a house if you plan on staying for a week. Multiple bedrooms, kitchen, livingroom, and even your own pool.

But none of the Disney Resort benefits

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    How about Old Key West that has room for numerous people