Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss January Trip - Need help! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey gang. Well my fiance has a business trip to Orlando in Jaunary. I think they normally go for a weekend. He says that I am welcome to come and ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

January Trip - Need help!

Hey gang.
    Well my fiance has a business trip to Orlando in Jaunary. I think they normally go for a weekend. He says that I am welcome to come and have a room for free. All I need to get is plane ticket. He will be working the entire weekend so I thought to myself, hey! Why couldn't I just go to WDW by myself and wander around.
    But I had some questions about it. It would obviously be a hotel off of Disney property so I would need a way to get there. I was thinking they might have cabs that I could call. Does anyone know of a good place to get in touch with to take me to WDW. Also does anyone know what the prices are about for cabs? I have never taken a cab in my life so I was not sure if it was possible to set up one that would take me and pick me up later.
    I was also thinking of purchasing a park hopper pass. As long as I have this pass am I allowed to use Disney buses to get to other parks? Or do you have to be staying at Disney? I dont remember them ever checking our passes when using the busses as a resort guest. If I cannot use the buses would I have to call a cab to get to different parks? This will be new for me because I have never went alone and I have never planned the trip.
    Would it be best to order the tickets online or can I buy them when I get there?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Okay, I would say that MOST hotels in Orlando are going to have shuttle to Disney. I would check into that before I forked over big bucks for a cab. As far as Disney transportation, use it. They have NEVER checked for passes and will never know whether you have one or not. Since you are only there for a weekend how many days were you looking to buy? I personally could spend the better part of an entire weekend going from resort to resort and browsing Downtown Disney.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Wow- I thought I posted here.....I wonder where that one is or where it went.

Taxis are about $35 one way for about 20 minutes or so. I would check into a shuttle first.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    technically, you are supposed to be a resort guest to ride the bus system, but they never ever ever have checked resort ID's before, so i'd say you don't have a problem with that, but yeah, check to see about a shuttle, since it will save you a bit of money.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Yes, you can use the transportation system to get to the other parks and/or resorts. As far as the cab is concerned, prices will vary depending but I know my DS and DDIL only paid about $12 to get to WDW from a property about 5 miles from WDW. Also, don't forget to tip the driver about 20%.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Well I was probably goinng to buy tickets for two days. Which is why I wanted Park Hopper because I want to visit all four for certain things. I think if I can manage my time I can do it.
    Also my fiance mentioned last night that he would look into maybe us staying an extra day, which we would pay for on our own, his company would not take care of. But it makes sense, he should get to enjoy his trip as well.
    When I know the dates better I will let you know, since I will be on my own it might be fun to meet up with someone.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Okay, I would say that MOST hotels in Orlando are going to have shuttle to Disney. I would check into that before I forked over big bucks for a cab. As far as Disney transportation, use it. They have NEVER checked for passes and will never know whether you have one or not. Since you are only there for a weekend how many days were you looking to buy? I personally could spend the better part of an entire weekend going from resort to resort and browsing Downtown Disney.
    So if they do have a shuttle to Disney is that something you would be paying for as well? It would be less then a cab you think?

Well, no matter what you decide, just have FUN!

Normally shuttles from the hotel are free. After all, you are paying to stay at their hotel.

Ok - so if I got a park hopper pass for two days that would not be all that expensive, right?

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    A two day park hopper is about 132 bucks minus park hopping. With park hopping it is 177. ... the more days you buy, the cheaper it gets... so the more days you buy, the difference between the prices get cheaper. The different between a 9 day and a 10 day is 2 dollars. Park hopping is just a set fee extra, so it makes sense if your going more days to buy park hopper... if your just going for a few days, its cheaper to just do it without park hopping.

Disney tickets are expensive. They also have a 'does not expire" feature you can add on. If you can afford it, it might make sense to buy more days but add on the "don't expire"
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    If you can afford to your best buy is a 10 day non expire ticket. Any unused days will be good forever, regardless of how many times Disney raises the ticket price. If you go to disneyworld.com your can check ticket prices with various options. Disney transportation is open to everyone with a park ticket, you do not need to be a resort guest or even have a park hopper, they want you to be able to go to other areas to spend even more money. If your hotel does offer a shuttle service make sure you ask all the impotant questions...how often does it run, are there set pick up times, were does it drop off/pick up, most important when does the last bus return to the hotel(how late can you stay at the park). Hope you have a great trip!
    Maggie

But you have to have a park hopper pass to get to those other areas right? I mean if I want to see Magic Kingdom and Epcot in one day I need a park hopper.

I know it would be better to leave out park hopping. But since I am only going to be there for two or three days, there is something in each park I want to see. I have not ridden Soaring or Everest yet. Also I have not been on Stitch which even though I hear it is bad, I still would like to see. I guess I could go without MGM but would like to try to fit that in too. So I am just confused as to what I should get.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Katy depening on when you going down you could hang out with Dissylove and me and crew if you dont mind a 6 two 9year olds and a 13 year old LOL who by the way said she has you her friend list in vmk LOL let me know
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 10-08-2006 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling what else lol

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS View Post
    Hey Katy depening on when you going down you could hang out with Dissylove and me and crew if you dont mind a 6 two 9year olds and a 13 year old LOL who by the way said she has you her friend list in vmk LOL let me know

you missed a word on your editing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast