Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Grand Floridian - What type of room? in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay, I'm starting to look at dates and whatnot for my Disney wedding in December 2007, and I think we have the date (December 4th, just have to run it ...
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

Grand Floridian - What type of room?

Okay, I'm starting to look at dates and whatnot for my Disney wedding in December 2007, and I think we have the date (December 4th, just have to run it past my parents). When I call to book the wedding this december, I have to book and pay for at least one hotel night. The rest I only have to pay for a month in advance, I can reserve it, but nothing is due yet.

So we decided to stay at the Grand Floridian. We're getting married at the Wedding Pavilion, and I plan on making use out of their spa either for a massage the day before or the day after my wedding as a couples massage. Also, I've never been, and... I want to. Also I'll be using some of their services such as make-up and hair in the salon for my wedding, because I'm not worrying about any of it... I'll pay someone to make me look beautiful.

Anyway, I was looking online at room prices, just to get a heads up on how much I have to put down, and I'm confused. They have the garden view, pool view, lagoon view, magic kindgom view (which was cheapest of them all), and then the honeymoon suite, and rooms in the tower.

So I need to ask... where is the best place to stay at the Grand Floridian? What type of room, from those of you who have stayed there.

Should I spring for the honeymoon suite? At least for a night or two? Or should I jsut get a normal room? I mean, you only get married once (or thats my hope!), so maybe I should spring for the honeymoon suite at concierge level?

*sigh* So confused... someone help me!! I need advice!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Don't know what the best rooms would be, but like you said you are only going to do this once so go for the best room you can afford.

P.S. Congratulations and Best Wishes on your upcoming wedding.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    First let me say !!! Sounds like a beautiful plan. The only advice I can give you is motherly advice, and that would be "don't break the bank", do what you can afford. The GF is a beautiful resort whether it's the garden view room or the tower. Look over the pricing with your fiance and decide what you can afford and don't forget to throw the hint to the parents and maybe they will kick in the difference . We went to the GF many years ago and stayed in a standard room with a mk view. It was lovely. I don't think you can go wrong anywhere at the GF. This will help you with the pricing......http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_gf.htm Good Luck!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Thanks! I'm just trying to see if anyone has stayed and has found rooms not worth it. I'm thinking of possibly getting the honeymoon suite for 2 nights after the wedding, but before just being in a normal room... I'd love to stay at concierge level, and I might be able to swing two nights for it.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Any other suggestions? Or anyone who has stayed at the GF to tell me what's so great about it?

Has anyone used the spa there at all?
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    Thanks! I'm just trying to see if anyone has stayed and has found rooms not worth it. I'm thinking of possibly getting the honeymoon suite for 2 nights after the wedding, but before just being in a normal room... I'd love to stay at concierge level, and I might be able to swing two nights for it.
    We always stay at the concierge level at GF. Have it booked for April 2007 for Easter. Its well worth it imho. The set up for concierge is in the main building. They do have one other building, I believe Sugarloaf, but they don't have the wine and beer in the evening.

It works out just great, where we usually only eat out once a day. And there is always cookies or some kind of snack food out during the day if you just want to relax. In the evening, the band is playing and you can just sit there and have appetizers and unwind.

In the morning, its nice and quiet and the kids just really enjoy the little couch and tables where they can enjoy their own breakfast while watching their favorite mickey cartoons.

They always have a great selection and keep all the food stocked well. They are also very helpful and will make their best attempt to accomodate you whenever you need something.

Its well worth the money you'll save by not eating out every meal.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

Thanks Tina!

We were thinking of getting the Honeymoon suite for 2 nights after the wedding. Other than that, I'm thinking we might stay 2 nights in a Magic Kingdom view. We have to figure out how we're booking the rooms though and who is staying with who. I don't know if I want concierge level before the wedding. I suppose it would be nice though since I'm going to be using the spa and most of their services.

Anyway, I'm glad that you have been there. :-) It's nice to know. I read all the food and whatnot it says you get on their website and it seemed like a lot. :-)
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011