Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Magic Your Way? in the Vacation Planning forums; So I'm going to DW for the first time in 10 years in a little over 3 weeks So could someone please explain the "Magic Your Way" tickets a little ...
    fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Magic Your Way?

So I'm going to DW for the first time in 10 years in a little over 3 weeks So could someone please explain the "Magic Your Way" tickets a little better to me? I get the difference between the base tickets vs. the add-ons (park hopping, no expiration, etc.) But why are there the differences in the number of days you have to purchase? If your tickets expire 14 days after the first day of use (considering you don't buy the no expiration add-on) then why does the number of days matter? Say I buy the 5 day with park hopping, what does that allow me to do? Can I go to MK on Monday morning, then AK in the afternoon, then if I didn't hit everything I wanted can I go back to MK say on Thursday? Or once I visit a park that week I can't go to it again? If someone could explain this better to me I would greatly appreciate it. I'm planning on buying my tickets in the next week or so and I want to get the most bang for my buck. Thank you in advance! ~Rachel

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Rachel,
    If you buy a Magic Your Way with park hopping, you can do just what you said: go to one park in the morning, then a different park in the afternoon (and even another one in the evening if you wish - any park, any number of times on the same day.) A 5 day ticket means you use the ticket for 5 different days of admissions - any 5 days between the first time you use the ticket and the day it expires 14 days later. So say you're going to be in the Orlando area for 7 days, but you only buy a 5 day park hopper MYW ticket. As an example, You could go to MK and Epcot on Monday, Sea World on Tuesday (not using your MYW ticket), MGM on Wednesday, AK and MK on Thursday, Universal on Friday(again not using your MYW ticket), Epcot on Saturday, and back to MK and MGM on Sunday. You used 5 days of Disney park admissions over 7 days.

That help any?

Now, if you were going to be WDW all 7 of those days (and not go to those 'other' parks), you would need a 7 day MYW park hopper to do that.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That's does help quite a bit, thank you very much! I just wanted to make sure we buy the right tickets so we can do everything that we want. Thanks again!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy