Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Can days be added to tickets during trip? in the Vacation Planning forums; Just found out last week I can go to WDW for MouseFest Dec. 9-11 (yay!). I booked ASMo room only AAA rate but I am having trouble deciding if I ...
    Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder

Can days be added to tickets during trip?

Just found out last week I can go to WDW for MouseFest Dec. 9-11 (yay!). I booked ASMo room only AAA rate but I am having trouble deciding if I want to go with a 2-day or 3-day hopper ticket.

The price difference between 2-day and 3-day hopper is $64. That's substantial for a 2-night trip (in my personal opinion) so I am planning to go with 2-day hopper and do resorts and DTD my last day at WDW before heading to airport at 2 p.m.

However, if I got there and decide I must have all the magic I can get, is it possible to add a 3rd day at the 3-day hopper ticket price? Or, would O have to purchase a separate 1-day hopper ticket?

Thanks in advance.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Yes, you can add days to a MYW ticket any time before it expires (14 days from first use)

From AllEarsNet:
    ADDING DAYS TO MYW TICKETS

MYW tickets can have days added to the ticket. If you have an expiring ticket, you must add the days within the 14 day from first use window. No ticket can exceed a total length of 10 days. If you have a 10 day and used 5 days from it, you cannot add another day to it as the total cannot exceed 10. But if you have say a 7 day ticket and you use 2 days, you can add on up to three additional days.

There is no limit to the number of times you can upgrade the ticket (as in adding only one day at a time each time you upgrade) but in all cases, the total admissions cannot exceed 10. Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More add ons do not count in the total.

Depending on where and when the upgrade is performed, a new ticket may or may not be issued. Typically, a new ticket is issued if it is upgraded in a system different from its original issuance media (i.e., resorts stock, paper stock at the parks, etc). Regardless if a new ticket is issued, the original biometrics information will follow the ticket through upgrade.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks so much! I'm going with the 2-day hopper ticket with peace of mind knowing I can add Day 3 if I must have the extra magic. Will depend on how much I get done in the parks Days 1 and 2.

The AllEars quote didn't mention anything about cost so I am going to "assume" that additional days will be at the multi-day rate.

Again, thank you for this information. I truly helped me.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept 4-9 - Pop Century

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Love That Duck View Post
    Thanks so much! I'm going with the 2-day hopper ticket with peace of mind knowing I can add Day 3 if I must have the extra magic. Will depend on how much I get done in the parks Days 1 and 2.

The AllEars quote didn't mention anything about cost so I am going to "assume" that additional days will be at the multi-day rate.

Again, thank you for this information. I truly helped me.

I think that is a safe assumption

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    ASMo is our favorite All-Star.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Thanks again for the info on adding days to tickets

JiminyCricket, I got my All Stars wrong, I'm at All Star Music but it seems like it will be fun too. You wrote ASMo was your favorite All Stars, have you stayed at ASMu? Any suggestions? Is ASMu the middle bus stop for AS resorts?

I popped in my All of WDW dvds (from Relieve the Magic) and "walked through" All Stars Resorts a couple of times yesterday. I like the looks of ASMu. I'd love to get a room in Broadway section. I'll be solo and only there 2 nights so I'm sure any building will be just fine.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept 4-9 - Pop Century