Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss One shopping day at Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; I am seriously thinking about taking a day or two to fly down to WDW and shop for Christmas gifts and decorations! I was online shopping for my christmas ornaments ...
    hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder

Talking One shopping day at Disney

I am seriously thinking about taking a day or two to fly down to WDW and shop for Christmas gifts and decorations! I was online shopping for my christmas ornaments (looking for patriotic ) and remembered an ornament that a friend had a few years ago from her trip to WDW. I called the Mail Order line and they didn't find it, but found something similar and I just thought, "Well, I don't want to go ahead and buy something I've never seen before, but wouldn't it be great to go down there for a day or two to do some shopping I can't do anywhere else!?" I checked prices on plane tickets and they are actually pretty reasonable and I thought about getting a room at a value resort for one night. So, I'd fly down early, spend a whole day shopping a DTD (and maybe get a one day ticket to Magic Kingdom) and spend one magical night on property (I doubt I'd be able to sleep; I'd want to spend as much quality Disney time as I could) and shop more the next day until I had to catch a late flight home. Any suggestions for me if I did this in the next week or so? Would I be able to get Disney to pick me up at the airport as long as I booked a night before I left? Has anyone done anything like this before and want to tell me about it?
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    What a fun idea! Can't help much with the travel plans, seeing as I live in Orlando, but just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents....

Last year was my first year living in Orlando and I fully took advantage of the close proximity to do lots of Christmas shopping. DTD was a great, one-stop shopping area, but if you have time to go into the parks, I'd recommend some time in Epcot. World Showcase is full of very unique gifts that can't easily be found elsewhere. I got a bunch of things there and they were all big hits.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    What a great idea- if you stay on property you should be able to use their Magical Express. That would be a good thing! Sounds like fun and a wonderful way to get in the Christmas spirit!

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    My mom and I really wanted to go down in the 18th through the 22nd for my birthday. She already had to do something on the 19th, though, and I had already promised my dad that I would see him for my birthday. We wanted to go down on the 20th instead and stay through the 22nd. Go to Downtown Disney on the 20th and 22th, and hopefully the Magic Kingdom on the 21th. She has some days left over, but I didn't want to have to buy just a one day ticket. I don't think we will get to go, because it's still expensive. We wanted to go shopping really bad. I hope you get to go. It sounds like a great idea. The value resort rooms are $99 a night when we wanted to go unless someone knows of any other special offers.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    That would definitely work. I now live in Orlando, but I used to live in Wisconsin and we used to come down on a friday night and then leave sunday. It's definitely enough time to go shopping.

Also if you want to go to the malls in the area, the Florida Mall and Mall of Millenia have some amazing exclusive stores. I now always do all my Christmas shopping in FL and just fly with my gifts home. :-)

Just remember don't wrap them before you get on the plane if you are doing carry-on.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Ooo, that's a good tip! Don't get anything giftwrapped! (They do that I'm sure, right?) I'll just have to buy cute giftwrap there and try my wrapping skills at home.

I am really craving a Dole Whip lately, so it's likely I'll also get a one day tickey to Magic Kingdom, do some shopping, take some sweet pictures and ride a ride or two! I'm not sure what days I'm going yet, it'll probably be last minute. I want to try to avoid DTD on the weekend, but my hubby is only off work on the weekends and he will have to pull daddy duty.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Of course a great place to go is downtown disney marketplace. There are a lot of great Disney stores and the larges Disney store in the world is there. There is also an outlet mall nearby, I think its called the Orlando Premium outlets with lots of great stores!
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney