Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Questions about extra magical hours?! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello, I have some questions about the extra magical hours!! Do they all ready add those hours onto there schedule hours or do you add them on after the schedule ...
    First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!

Cool Questions about extra magical hours?!

Hello,

I have some questions about the extra magical hours!!

Do they all ready add those hours onto there schedule hours or do you add them on after the schedule time of the parks closing??

How do you get to stay in the parks for those hours??

Thank you for the help!!!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    They add the hours on select nights at their discretion.

You get to stay in the parks by showing your resort ID and obtaining a wristband.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

tjcjr is offline A-Ticket holder
    Check out this site for up to date info on Extra Magic Hours:

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/emhour.htm

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I ususally check Deb's site for a guide on EMH but since Disney can change them at thier discretion, for the most accurate information I always check the offical Walt DisneyWorld Calendar (click here)

I always double check just before leaving for vacation to make sure I have the best information possible.

Welcome to DWT and have fun!!!

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    You have to be a Disney Resort guest. The hours are extended past regular closing time - but only if you are staying on property.
    For example:
    Magic Kingdom closes at 8pm. Everyone who is not a WDW Resort guest is shooed (for lack of a better term) out of the park. You, as a resort guest, will show your room key to a CM and obtain a wristband which allows you on all open rides and shows for 3 hours after closing.
    For morning hours - you get to enter 1 hour prior to regular opening time.

Hope this helps.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Thank yuo thank help!! So if Mk is open to 10 p.m that would mean that it would be open till 1 a.m?? Am i right about this??

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Yup! Pretty cool huh?

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    do the buses work for the extra magic hours? I dunno this just seem too good to be true

pgowder is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    They add the hours on select nights at their discretion.

You get to stay in the parks by showing your resort ID and obtaining a wristband.
    If you are staying late for an Extra Magic Hour find out where the writband stations will be. We've found they can be very crowded at times. You can sometimes get the wristband early.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Yeah, I do believe the buses run about an hour or two after the latest park closes.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Ok the times on the calendar, for example on Febraury 8th it says MK is open from 9 to 9, that means all non resort guests can stay till 9 right?
    Or does that mean non resort guests have to leave at 8 and resort guests stay till 9?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Yeah, I do believe the buses run about an hour or two after the latest park closes.

Thanks for the Info. It's just one of my biggest fears/dreams, would be getting stuck in disney world.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Anywhere and everywhere you look for park hours, it will list the hours that the park is open for the general public. Extra Magic Hours are in addition to those hours. So if it is EMH night at Magic Kingdom, and MK closes at 9:00 p.m., then WDW resort guests with wristbands can do rides and attractions until 12:00 a.m.

In order to get a wristband, each individual must present their resort ID -- it gets scanned, and then a wristband (like hospital wristbands, the kind that can't be removed unless they're cut or torn) gets placed onto your wrist by a CM.

NO ONE SHOOED FROM THE PARK AFTER PUBLIC CLOSING TIME. It's not that other people aren't permitted to stay in the park -- they can stay to their hearts' content. But they won't be permitted on any rides or in any attractions, and in most cases they also won;t be permitted to make purchases (except for the shops that normally stay open after closing time anyway). So they don't chase them out, they just bore them to death so that they have nothing better to do, and they choose to leave.

Morning EMH means that the designated park opens one hour earlier than the public opening. You put your resort ID/park ticket in the turnstile, and the computer recognizes you as a resort guest and lets you in. No need for wristbands.

EMH is on a schedule. It's not like every park has EMH every day and night. On many days there is one park for morning and one park for evening, but there are a few days a week when it's only one or the other.

I learned from experience that Disney can change their schedule with little notice. A few days before my last trip, I went online and wrote down the EMH schedule, but then during my trip I went to Epcot for EMH and they weren't doing EMH, it was changed to MGM for that morning. Someone said the change was "publicized" on the in-room television on the parks channel, but who watches that stuff?
    -- Eric

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I forgot to add a few other important details ....

Wristband distribution starts 2 hours before park closing time. So if MK closes to the public at 9:00 p.m., wristband distribution starts at 7:00 p.m. Wristbands are distributed at several locations through the parks, and not always in the exact same locations each time. It's also important to note that park hours are not the same every day, and you have to check a schedule or "times guide" to know park hours -- it's not like MK opens and closes at the same time every day of the year.

On an EMH night, WDW resort guests can enter the EMH park even AFTER public closing time. For example, let's say MK closes to the public at 9:00 p.m., but you're at Epcot and watch to catch IllumiNations at 9:00 p.m. If you want, you can stay for that, then take the monorail to MK (by transfering at TTC) and enter MK any time before midnight (it will close even for EMH people at midnight if the general public closing time is 9:00 p.m.).

EMH times are NOT too good to be true. For example, if the MK is scheduled to stay open until midnight, then that means ... brace yourself ... resort guests can stay and play until 3:00 a.m.

Of course, all 4 theme parks have EMH just as often as MK, I've just been using MK as an example.
    -- Eric