Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Disney with an infant in the Vacation Planning forums; Very soon we are going to WDW with an 8 month old. Any tips for us?...
    I<3Eeyore is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney with an infant

Very soon we are going to WDW with an 8 month old. Any tips for us?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Welcome to the boards, I<3Eeyore!

Lots of advice for you here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/art...er.php?aid=123

and try AllEarsNet.com, they have a great section on travel with infants as well.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I<3Eeyore is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you that was very helpful! It is good to see a positive article. I am so tired of everyone telling us we are crazy for taking a baby to WDW!

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Eeyore View Post
    Thank you that was very helpful! It is good to see a positive article. I am so tired of everyone telling us we are crazy for taking a baby to WDW!

Pat led you in the right direction! Don't listen to the people telling you that you are crazy! It will be what you will make of it. We took our youngest for his first WDW when he was 8 months old for 10 days and it was great! Enjoy your trip and welcome to the DWT Family!

ky71 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I agree.
    My tips are to bring plenty of your infants stuff as hand luggage if you are flying - no worries if suitcases go astray. Pack lightly when you go to the park - do you really need 10 nappies etc. Disney has babystations and you can purchase baby needs if you run out - just restock your bag each night. Bring a stroller/pram you can easily fold as you need to pack up to ride the trams and railroad. Tie a diapersack onto the handle with a clean change of clothes/nappy inside - nobody will dare touch your stroller for fear of the dreaded dirty nappy but you will have no problem locating items for the next change. My son was still breastfeeding but I was told if he was on formula to bring stuff from home, no experimenting with new stuff on holiday. Having said that we gave him twenty odd new foods and he had only been on solids about 5 weeks! We took our three children to WDW again in April and the youngest was seven months. The good things were we had a pram to store everyone's stuff, someone to look after the camera(cos they also had the baby)and we made time to stop and eat when the baby needed a feed (This was much more relaxing than our usual go, go, go). He was still small enough to change his nappy in the pram in the same time it took my older kids to visit the bathroom. He slept as usual, didn't need to be bribed with food/toys and he didn't mind the cuddles when we went inside theatres for shows. Best of all my kids were eager to introduce him to all the characters and watch his face light up just looking at all the goings on in the park. We have some memorable photos and had heaps of fun shopping for treasures for him(this made the older kids think about how they spent their money). The highlight of our trip was my youngest son's first haircut at the Harmony barber shop in town square Main Street. (See photo in my sig). The hairdresser was great - she took the time to play with him, put stickers all over him to keep him amused, kept a sample of his hair for his baby album, wrote him out a certificate "Baby's first haircut" with all the cartoon Disney babies on it and he also got a pair of mickey ears that have "First haircut" sewn on the back. Pixie dust was also sprinkled and he was fascinated by all the attention... how special is that? Don't let anyone tell you it's a waste to take your infant. It will make you enjoy your time at disney without worrying and anything is possible if you really want it. What fond memories your child will have when they see photos in years to come of themselves at Disney. Just don't forget to take that special photo in one place you can go back to on each visit! Have a fantastic time. Sorry this post is so long...
    Kylee

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    This is very true, your trip will be what you make of it. Have a great time with your little one!!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney