Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss What!? Name Changing... in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; Hey Everybody, I just have a few questions, that I am hoping somebody can answer! Last night, as I logged onto VMK a blue box popped up on my screen. ...
    disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!

Exclamation What!? Name Changing...

Hey Everybody, I just have a few questions, that I am hoping somebody can answer!

Last night, as I logged onto VMK a blue box popped up on my screen. I read it and it said: Unfortunately your VMK name has to be changed, please make a request below, and until that time you will be GUEST123..

At first I thought, Oh maybe it is just an error with the log-in. So, I refresh the page and it pops up again. I decided to start the whole log-in process over again. However, the blue box still appeared.

It is a little upsetting to have my title changed especially when it has been the same title for over a year, and they decided to change it now. I kept requesting names, and then it declined..requested..declined.lol SO i am not even getting a title I want. It is really not a big deal, but it is frustrating.

Does anybody know why they make players change their titles?
    ....Especially after playing for such a long time?

How long will it take, approximately, until I get a new name?

Do you think this may happen again in the future?

Thanks everybody. If you have any extra info or questions, please post them.
    Have a nice day.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

hikaru-chan is offline Hikaru, the heartless destroyer
    Your not the only one, there are two other people that have had to change there names, even though they've been on for the longest time. I just logged on and everyone on my friends list was gone, then VMK crashed. I wonder if they have to change their names too?

On another board someone said that it appears that everyone with names in all caps of close to real names are being asked to change.
    Last edited by hikaru-chan; 01-28-2007 at 02:09 PM.
    Digging the little guy.

On an adventure to find the heartless that stole my loves heart.
    Now kicking heartless butt and taking down names, but with no leads on my loves whereabouts.

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    My real name has been in my titles ever since I started VMK , and they didn't seem to care.
    Usually t won't take long to get your name , when my fairytori account was stolen , I got my Tori_SoG name on my new character in under a day. But then again , when I made my Fairytori character ( my first ) , It took around a month.
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

JackSparrow is offline .:In This Kingdom by the Sea:.
    currently being driven off the edge of sanity.
    my friends lately have all gotten their names changed. not sure why all of a sudden they're getting down on the name-changing business.
    you gotta love the penguins.

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    Hey Everybody, I just have a few questions, that I am hoping somebody can answer!

Last night, as I logged onto VMK a blue box popped up on my screen. I read it and it said: Unfortunately your VMK name has to be changed, please make a request below, and until that time you will be GUEST123..

At first I thought, Oh maybe it is just an error with the log-in. So, I refresh the page and it pops up again. I decided to start the whole log-in process over again. However, the blue box still appeared.

It is a little upsetting to have my title changed especially when it has been the same title for over a year, and they decided to change it now. I kept requesting names, and then it declined..requested..declined.lol SO i am not even getting a title I want. It is really not a big deal, but it is frustrating.

Does anybody know why they make players change their titles?
    ....Especially after playing for such a long time?

How long will it take, approximately, until I get a new name?

Do you think this may happen again in the future?

Thanks everybody. If you have any extra info or questions, please post them.
    Have a nice day.
    Dare i say it... ok i will.. GUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    Well that was rude...
    Why don't you get attached and really like a name you have, and it gets changed , and then you get to be a guestwhatever for a while , you wouldn't like it if you were laughed at..
    just to make a point rudeness doesn't go anywhere...
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time