Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Is it Good to release Rare again? in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; Should it be ok to release rare again? after so many people have been trading it ? While on vmk today i saw so many rooms that said "why vmk" ...
    vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye

Is it Good to release Rare again?

Should it be ok to release rare again? after so many people have been trading it ? While on vmk today i saw so many rooms that said "why vmk" and "thanks Yavn?"
    this is all because they brought back the green flip hat. Many vmk players do not like this. i think it is not okay but yet okay.. i have always wanted a green flip.but now they are not rare. what do you think about vmk bringing back rare? do you think they will sell gold and black mickey ears in the future?
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    As a player that didn't get in on the ground floor of VMK, I appreciate the fact that I might now have a chance to get an item that was offered previously. One has to keep in mind that what is "valuable" when you are talking about a virtual world? An item may offer prestige, but I doubt that "value" should be attributed. Even if an item is brought back, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will be any less easy to obtain than it was the first time around. If you can now buy it rather than win it, then it still doesn't make it that much easier for someone like me to obtain it because the point system has changed and I don't find it as easy to win points.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    I'm a little upset about this. I think if they are bringing the rare items back, change them around so you can see the difference.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    As a newer player I'm happy to see this stuff brought back. Trying to trade for some of this stuff would cost almost everything you had, I've seen the offers. I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing as long as they are limited re-releases. Like they do with the theme pins being on sale for a weekend, removing the rare after a week could protect that "prestige" of having rare. Saying that, I do realize they don't remove special items aside from pins for a very long time. They've still got BB and TL swim suits for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    I'm a little upset about this. I think if they are bringing the rare items back, change them around so you can see the difference.
    like make the design different every time an old item comes out?

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by vmkplayer View Post
    like make the design different every time an old item comes out?
    Maybe put a different symbol on it. Whatever they do they should make sure you can tell the difference of the two similar items.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

yeah i agree