Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss The End of VMK. in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; For those of you who haven't yet, take a look at the VMK homepage. They are closing the game forever May 21st. Who here is upset besides me?...
    SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.

Exclamation The End of VMK.

For those of you who haven't yet, take a look at the VMK homepage.

They are closing the game forever May 21st.

Who here is upset besides me?
    Love, Kerri

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    It's a bummer, but it never was to be a permeant thing. I'm surprised it stayed up as long as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by VMK
    Please read this important announcement regarding the future of VMK.

VMK will cease to operate and close its virtual gates on May 21st, 2008 at 10PM PST.
    VMK was created and launched as part of a promotion to celebrate Disneyland's 50th Anniversary. In part due to VMK's success, the game/promotion was extended, however the time has come to end the promotion. For more information, read Yavn Speaks or our FAQ.
    Last edited by Stitch; 04-07-2008 at 11:18 PM.

I just wish they would keep it running and at least give us the option of paying to play it or something.
    Love, Kerri

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    Later VMK... Although they say they weren't planning on lasting forever they didn't show any sign of stopping with their new items, big quest, new rooms and magic, and the Trading Card Game

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'll have to go in and spend all my "loot' just so I can say at least it had fun using it.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Wow... that really just kinda stinks. I even paid real money for some rares off eBay. Heck I know of people who paid close to $100 real money for a Stitch hat. The irony is that if they kept it going and just made it a pay-to-play game I think it'd do well. Heck I'd pay to play it if they changed it a bit and lost some of the restrictions. Wow I'm all bummed out now.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Princesscat is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'll miss vmk as everyone else will..

DisneyAurora is offline B-Ticket Holder
    ugh, I've spent over 3 years playing that game... I love it.

What's with their latest poll asking what we want more of? My gosh this makes me so incredibly sad.

I was hoping to use VMK as just a fun getaway if I end up going to work at Disney...

This really bums me out.

bjalivio1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    they are closing vmk bc they dont you to banned you. its says somewhere in yawn says or the yeti says

Quote Originally Posted by bjalivio1 View Post
    they are closing vmk bc they dont you to banned you. its says somewhere in yawn says or the yeti says
    Uhm... what?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Uhm... what?

I think if I am translating properly, he is saying that they are announcing that they are closing so that you don't try to log in and think you are banned. They will have the site open for a couple weeks after they officially close just so people can see that they are closed.

(I think that's what he was getting at.)

Ahhh right yeah the site itself (vmk.com) will be up for a few days to let folks know that it's down. My guess is they'd take the "play now" button down too though which should be a dead give away that it's not because you're banned.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Ahhh right yeah the site itself (vmk.com) will be up for a few days to let folks know that it's down. My guess is they'd take the "play now" button down too though which should be a dead give away that it's not because you're banned.
    Yeah, I understand but you do know that there are some people on VMK that are not very smart...

Like yesterday when I was starting my quest... so many people don't want to do any work, they just want you to give them prizes... It's frustrating.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Just got the email today from Yavn I like to have a heartattack. I haven't played in over a year but was going to start again. Can't belieive they did this I met a lot of cool people in VMK dang shame.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast