Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss VMK tips in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; I know that some people are unable to do the main games (Pirates, Fireworks, Haunted Mansion) in VMK because their computers don't fit the requirements or maybe you just have ...
    Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder

VMK tips

I know that some people are unable to do the main games (Pirates, Fireworks, Haunted Mansion) in VMK because their computers don't fit the requirements or maybe you just have a hard time playing them. I have the computer problem, although, I am hoping to update it in the near future. I thought I would share my tips for things you can do in VMK when you can't play the main games.

*Since you can't get credits from the big games, make sure you visit all the NPC (Non-Playing Characters) daily to get your credits. They Add up. There are 8 NPC and Beth has them listed (with pictures) in her Daily Credit thread. Each of those 8 NPC will give you 40 credits and a pin the first time you visit them. Each visit after your first time, per day (actually every 12 hours..so you could get credits from them 2 times a day), you get 20 credits.

*Play the Music game often (make your mixes and also play your mixes). You get 25 credits for doing each of those things and for the 50th time you play a mix, you get 375 credits and your 100th time gets you 750 credits (that was a nice surprise to find out when it happened to me). I am not sure if with every 50 times you play it gets higher and higher (anyone else know?). I am pretty sure I have played a mix more than 200 times and so far, I haven't got anything extra. You can return to play again as soon as 25 minutes to get more credits. Tip: My computer used to crash all the time when I entered this room because of the music and all the movement, I guess. If this happens to you, check the "Advanced" box and choose a direction (ie: north-north east) that has no gold ears. This means no one is in that room. I notice this gives me hardly any crashes now.

*Most quests require you playing the games, so be sure you do the 50th Mickey Quest and the host's mini-quests (these are usually on Thursday evenings). These don't require the games. Also, some of the player's quests don't require you play the main games. Do a search for quests.

*If you live near the parks, be sure you go and do the in-park quests. This will give you items worth trading.

*Hang out in trade rooms to learn what items are sought after and what things are worth.

*Do a search for rides and have fun riding other player's rides. Great way to meet some people and also get ideas.

*When you have got some credits, build a ride or design your own room. I have had a lot of fun with this.

*Explore the Kingdom of VMK. There are alot of fun things to see and you can play with the potions in the Spell Room. Also, you can learn your way through the BTMR cave maze.

*Perhaps a friend with a faster computer can help out in you getting your divers suit, autopia car and space suit. (Thanks Ann)

*Play the games online. Sometime games come available online to play so you can win VMK items. They had several of these going during the summer. Some of them were pretty easy and some were quite challenging. Be sure you check the VMK homepage often to find out about games like these.

*If your computer does allow you to play Jungle Cruise (like mine..even though the mouse is a bit slow), then play often. It doesn't matter how badly you do, you will always get at least 20 credits.

*Try and get into the Host's Games

* If you don't have a lot of items, do a search for "Free". There are some players that give away free stuff. That should be the only place you expect anything for free, but wait in line and don't cut to get it. Some of these rooms have owners in and out and they aren't very organized. I only went to them when I was brand new to VMK and I have to say that I got lucky in a couple of them. I got all the starting parts for my river ride free from a player quitting VMK. It sure gave me a nice start to building my rooms and ride.

*Find a friend and have a nice chat or go exploring rooms and/or rides. I have really enjoyed this with all the OLP Buddies.

If anyone has any other tips please add them on. I look forward to the day when I will get to play the games on VMK, but until then, I have a great time anyway.
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    u relize this is useless now since vmk is closed rite?
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    LOL I was just thinking the same thing. I was trying to figure out why such a great list was posted after the game had been shut down. Must've been awhile since you tried to login huh?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    if vmk was still open i would use those tips.. but i cant.. soo sad
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!