Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Virtual Magic Kingdom in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; Has anyone heard anymore about this? I know there is a different thread on this, but it has been idle for a while. Anyways, being the cheapskate that I am, ...
    mickey's_girl is offline A-Ticket holder

Virtual Magic Kingdom

Has anyone heard anymore about this? I know there is a different thread on this, but it has been idle for a while. Anyways, being the cheapskate that I am, I'm always looking forward to something free, and I was really looking forward to trying it out. Anyways, I heard it was to start on May 5, but here we are and I still can't find anymore out about it.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Here's the link to it:
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...?VMKSplashPage

All it says is public beta testing to begin in May. So far, no access though.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

thanks so much. I don't have time to look at it now, but will check it out when I get home Thanks again

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    oooh...... *makes note to check that each day*
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    uuuwwwwm this reminds me of rollercoaster tycoon and habbo hotel(www.habbohotel.com)!

Cynderelly is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Rumors?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and glad to be here ... anyway ... I've been waiting for VMK to be released for a while now. There was a rumor going around that it was to open in BETA as of May 5th. May 5th came and went and suddenly there was a new posting on the site (disney) that stated May 16th. Well, here we are. lol No release yet.

I am a Disney Toontown player (I LUV THE GAME) and I had heard about vmk from a forum I visit for Toontown.

Does anyone know any news about the release ... or any news period?

Sincerely,

Cinderelly

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    They are currently letting cast test this.

VMK now open

It is now open for a limited time. I like it so far but its not similar to toontown at all. It's very cutesy. Toontown is more of a goal oriented competitive game. Since VMK is still in beta there is a lot of work to be done. The main complaint that people have is the ability to chat. Many phrases and words are censored (I mean even the word Toon). The chat is also open to everyone. Which does scare me since this is game is directed towards children. Everyone can see what you are typing/saying and answer freely.

There are some games available but other than that it is literally like WDW, you walk around and check out the sites. I tried pirates of the carribean (mind u I had no clue what I was doing) and I got pretty bored with the game. I also tried the fireworks game which is where u can xplode fireworks in different parts of disney and compete w/ others to be the best firework show maker). There is a music maker game you make your own music and play it for others.

I must say that my expectations were not met. Maybe I had them too high or I was comparing it to toontown too much. Don't get me wrong I will check VMK here and there to see how the progress of the game is coming along and see if it becomes more entertaining. For children (small children) I believe it maybe fun but the chat part of it is not safe IN MY OPINION. For teenagers this maybe be an outlet to find other teens to talk to. I did notice from another forum that teens complained that the chat is too censored so it made me think hmmm are these kids just looking for a place to chat?

Again these are my opinions and as a mom/aunt & godmother I look to see what would be appropriate and fun for kids.

Thanks for reading!!!

i've tried abot 15 times to play it, but everytime i get to the loading screen, it freezes.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I sign up made my character and I still don't know what the heck I'm doing. But great graphics though.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    I sign up made my character and I still don't know what the heck I'm doing. But great graphics though.
    Hi There

I felt the same way when I first started playing. Honestly at this point there is not much to do. They only have a few games that you can play the rest of the site is just like site seeing.

Yes, the graphics are awesome ... can't wait to see what they do with parks that they are still developing.

Thanks for reading!

still says I gotta wait over here.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I'm on it...I have a person and so far I've found 22 Hidden Mickeys, a poster, and 5 pins.

It's fun, just very slow and doesn't really like it if you are on a laptop.

I'm jealous!

I hope it's not like others I've seen where you pay real money to get furniture for rooms and stuff.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    you get credits and you can buy furniture and posters for your room or you can buy pins, clothes, or film for your camera (which you have to buy to play the HM game)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast