Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss HELP! I can't get VMK to work! in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; Help!!! I have tried four times to download the shockwave and enter VMK but each time it freezes my computer. My dad has a better computer than I do so ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

HELP! I can't get VMK to work!

Help!!! I have tried four times to download the shockwave and enter VMK but each time it freezes my computer. My dad has a better computer than I do so I asked him to try it and it did the same thing. Maybe my computer isn't good enough to handle the website? I don't know any of the specifics of my computer offhand (have I ever mentioned I'm computer stupid?)

Has anyone had this trouble?

Does anyone know how I can, if at all, fix it?

Will I have to be an outsider looking in at the party while everyone has a good time at VMK?

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Tampa is offline No longer in service

I haven't had any problems, other than today it is signifigantly slower than ever before.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Donna,

What did Disney say when you contacted them about your computer issues?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Donna, Try reloading the shockwave program that you need to run the game and then try restarting the computer and then try the game again. This worked for me and I need a newer version of shockwave to get it to work correctly.
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Donna,

What did Disney say when you contacted them about your computer issues?
    Hey, didn't think of that. I will contact Disney.

Resorts we have tried;
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    Coronado Springs -2009

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Exclamation Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    Donna, Try reloading the shockwave program that you need to run the game and then try restarting the computer and then try the game again. This worked for me and I need a newer version of shockwave to get it to work correctly.
    Marie

Thank you!! I finally got to go on and explore last night, but I was having the same problem Donna was. I froze up my computer three times over an hour. But, armed with this new knowledge, I will go forth this weekend and actually get my little character to do more than look at me on the screen from Main Street!!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I tried the suggestion, but still no luck with VMK. I guess I am too old to play!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

OK, I still haven't made it to VMK!! Here is what happens everytime

1 - I click to install the shockwave and it looks like it will work until this message comes up; One or more browsers are running and need to be closed. Click OK to close the browsers and complete the shockwave player installation

2 - I click OK then the screen goes black and a blue box appears with this message; A fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:C00480BE in VXD VFAT (01)+ 00006166. The current aplication will be terminated. Press any key to continue.
    3 - I press enter a couple of times because that is the only key that will do anything. THEN a box appears and it looks like the shockwave will install because it says this;
    installing Shockwave player, Please wait
    but the only problem is there is no indication anything is happening and my computer freezes. So --

4 - I scream and turn the computer off

Can someone help me.

Resorts we have tried;
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    Coronado Springs -2009

JackSparrow is offline .:In This Kingdom by the Sea:.
    currently being driven off the edge of sanity.
    I had a strange problem- the characters were missing their bottom halves, and all I was allowed to type was ### #a#i #### I fixed this problem by running a program on my comoputer called ErrorKiller, removing both flash and shockwave from drive c, and then re-loading them all again. I also did a computer de-fragment.
    you gotta love the penguins.

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk