Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Firework Challenged people in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; We do this on other boards and it works out great!! Sunday July 10th the DWT meet at the Castle Firework lobby at 8:00pm(EST). Lets see how many more of ...
    snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder

Firework Challenged people

We do this on other boards and it works out great!!

Sunday July 10th the DWT meet at the Castle Firework lobby at 8:00pm(EST). Lets see how many more of us can get that magic pin!!

See you there!!

This is a good chance to compete against each other!!

I'm there, but I'm like a 3rd place guy who almost always scores in the 199,000 to 200,000 and It would be very hard to get that magic pin for me lol.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    are we still on?

Can we re-shedule, since we never seemed to do it?

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

I can help anyone that get a magic firework pin if they can achieve 240,000.. I can normally get 250,000.. even as a guest..

Tampa can you meet me anytime before 4:00pm today? I have a faster proccesor during that time.

I love Fantasmic!

I finally got it yay yay yay

I love Fantasmic!

I actually had to stop hitting fireworks!?!

I love Fantasmic!

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Ok what about tomorrow night (friday) at 9pm

see ya there!!

Firework Tips

Here's some personal tips that might help you with your game:

Always start off good. A great start can win it in the end.

Never settle for less than 40,000 after the first level. Anything less will not likely pay much, if that's why you're playing.

Never settle for anything less than a Flawless. True, popping a firework is better than nothing at all, but to make good credits on your games, you'll need to figure out the timing, and eventually you'll get used to seeing nothing but Flawless pops. After that, all you have to worry about is not missing.

Be comfortable. A game is about 10 minutes I'd say and consists of straight hand and eye coordination. Moving closer to the screen to do better doesn't often work, and could actually hinder your game. In my cases anyways.

Set small goals, trying to be first place in VMK can drive you crazy (I know) if you let it so start off small. As in above, try to clear 40,000 on the first level and 90,000 on the second level. My current goal is to clear 200,000 by the end of the fourth level. This doesn't happen too too often, but it keeps me in the 190's after level four.

Some fireworks last longer than others such as the pink, green, and yellow ones. They tend to fall from their peak before a start is shown. While the rest of the colors all have about the same timing.

ALL firework colors have a maximum value of 1,000 points if popped as a flawless (flawless scores can range from 900-1,000 points), which means bad timing can cost you a good 1,000 points for every 8-12 fireworks popped.

have fun and I hope this helps a little!
    Last edited by Tampa; 08-09-2005 at 01:53 AM.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    how did you get the timing down so well?
    pratice?
    I still find myself jumping the gun and I still cant time the pink ones

it's almost (actually it is) a delay in reaction. You see the star, and then you hit. Not as it blinks, but just when it's finished. Forcing yourself to do this you'll see alot more pretty red words, or none at all

I forgot to add that if you clean your computer's temp files and such, your first game of the day or first after a clean up could and probably will be very slow. If I'm not mistaken it's a flash game which exists in Disney data base, and in your temp and cookie files?

And if you have a nice running game of fireworks, the signal for a flawless score is to wait until the star has rotated at least 15 degrees. I may sound weird but that's one way of getting flawless scores.

I love Fantasmic!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    have you changed your strategy since they started randomize it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast