Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What Drives You Crazy About Fireworks Game?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Gaming Stress Disorder (GSD) in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; This will be a great thread to relieve stress brought on by VMK game's! Maybe not only vent, but why not give a tip or two? (btw it's multiple choice) ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Gaming Stress Disorder (GSD)

This will be a great thread to relieve stress brought on by VMK game's! Maybe not only vent, but why not give a tip or two? (btw it's multiple choice)

Fireworks:
    1. score over 40,000+ in the first level for a high paying game. Anything less will not win the magic pin, and it won't pay much for efforts. (like getting booted in the fourth round) This means you pretty much need a flawless level one with maybe one or two misses.

2. same for other levels such as, level 2 80,000+ and having 190,000-200,000+ at the end of level four.

3. my mistake is popping them in time with the music, which won't work and is a bad habit lol.. the delayed pop sound (flawless of course) matches the music just fine.

4. sometimes, an "awesome" or a "good" pop can work for you to get a flawless, don't get greedy!

5. take breaks because my eyes hurt.

pirates:

1. shoot buildings if available.

2. use your crossbones icon to disappear when available.

3. use arrow keys to shoot, you'll have more control.

4. say, 'Arg" to intimidate your adversary.

5. make shots hit from a far distance for maximum points.

6. take breaks because your eyes will hurt.

Street Music:

1. visit occasionally for 10 credits.

2. remix a song a day.

3. take breaks so your ears won't hurt.

Jungle Cruis Photo Safari:

1. take pictures.

some of these tips have been mentioned before (other boards and stuff), probably because they're common sense.
    Last edited by Tampa; 07-10-2005 at 02:41 AM.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    It really ****s when the screen freezes when you're on a roll

there were a few times I coulda been a contender

if not for that

thanks Tampa

you're welcome.

I don't like when I switch over from fireworks to music game for quick ten credits and I get blasted by some eight year olds "Lets Dance Wave People" mix!

and I learned don't accept friends in the music games because they end up following you around, wanting you to see their (empty) room, and you stand there.........

or how about pirates? I rarely play anymore because it's a guarnteed, connector loser..

though I gave a single vote for "losing".. I really thought "lag" would be front runner! I was way off!

I am so mad. I actually got 241,149 points on fireworks but I came in first place darnit!
    Last edited by disneybuff100; 07-15-2005 at 03:27 PM.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I am still trying to figure it all out. I was on the monorail and I guess some guy was proposing to his virtual girlfriend.
    "Hey wanna get wed?" Lots of takens on there too....virtual girl/guy friends I guess

Jungle Cruise--not a problem--do need good eye-finger coordination!

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    For me it would so be missing fireworks I know about - I do it too much
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    I put the cursor where the star is to land and then hit it. Poof got nothing, I know that game and have the rythm down pat so why did that go miss, arg bang.

I also play 3 fireworks games max as odds are you will dc. I give up after the hand wears out for the day. Never play tired or hungry as I can tell when i am emotionally and/or physically off by my gaming score anywhere on or offline. Sugar and caffeine from soda sometimes helps but you got to have patience and wait and wait to hit them. Tops score is 250,000. I go for 80,000 second round, 130,000 third round and 180,000 for fourth but prefer 200,000 for insurance. I could do better but do not push myself as what is the use. 200,000 or 240,000 is all you need.

Thanks for the poll, cannot wait to see the outcome. I chose losing because there are times when I know someone is using a program or I should have got last round but them fireworks were missing. I do not mind losing if I am off but when I know I had that target and it did not count, scream. As to programs I saw someone with 200,000 end of round 3. I once played against NaviMap and regularly play against Veggie and other top players. I have never seen anyone get 200,000 at end of round 3 before.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

SherrytheFairy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I love it when I lose/dc and I blame it on the DC monster. It's a clossic.

Cheese is good...are you?

In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki RoomIn the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
    All the birds sing words and the flowers croon
    In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

JackSparrow is offline .:In This Kingdom by the Sea:.
    currently being driven off the edge of sanity.
    I honestly need to know why we ever got so addicted to these games. the only reason anyone of any age would play, (I'm guessing) a game origionally meant for eight-year-olds is because there are other people playing. but even though, in vmk you can KNOW that that person exists, is lets say a very nice little kid who likes the same things you do, is completely virtual. nothing about them is real... unless you know them, how can you be sure that the little girl isn't i guy on his girl account? O_o and hence the only reason one would play silly gmes like fireworks and photo safari and even pirates, is to gain virtual credits to buy virtual items to trade for virtual rare to show off in front of virtual "friends."
    Why is it that we spend hours in front of the screen, trying to get to level whatever or to get more quest prizes when Hello We Actually Have Lives! somewhere..
    think about it.. you could be an adult with a job and real friends and real money, kids perhaps. you might be in high school studying for a test or something right in front of the computer. actually thats what i'm doing right now, although i'm not in school at the moment. you could be a kid age-appropriate for vmk reading this and wondering what the heck i'm talking about, and probably most of everyone else feels the same way as well.
    Just wake up to reality. notice the stuff around you and try to be who you were before vmk came into existance.
    This is my opinion so you can take it to mean whatever you want. to be honest I must say I'm not sure myself what this means. I guess this is my explenation for why some people don't play vmk as much or have quit trivia altogether.

From this, i believe you could guess what got my vote.
    Last edited by JackSparrow; 10-16-2006 at 05:14 PM.
    you gotta love the penguins.

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
    I honestly need to know why we ever got so addicted to these games. the only reason anyone of any age would play, (I'm guessing) a game origionally meant for eight-year-olds is because there are other people playing. but even though, in vmk you can KNOW that that person exists, is lets say a very nice little kid who likes the same things you do, is completely virtual. nothing about them is real... unless you know them, how can you be sure that the little girl isn't i guy on his girl account? O_o and hence the only reason one would play silly gmes like fireworks and photo safari and even pirates, is to gain virtual credits to buy virtual items to trade for virtual rare to show off in front of virtual "friends."
    Why is it that we spend hours in front of the screen, trying to get to level whatever or to get more quest prizes when Hello We Actually Have Lives! somewhere..
    think about it.. you could be an adult with a job and real friends and real money, kids perhaps. you might be in high school studying for a test or something right in front of the computer. actually thats what i'm doing right now, although i'm not in school at the moment. you could be a kid age-appropriate for vmk reading this and wondering what the heck i'm talking about, and probably most of everyone else feels the same way as well.
    Just wake up to reality. notice the stuff around you and try to be who you were before vmk came into existance.
    This is my opinion so you can take it to mean whatever you want. to be honest I must say I'm not sure myself what this means. I guess this is my explenation for why some people don't play vmk as much or have quit trivia altogether.

From this, i believe you could guess what got my vote.
    With all this that you have to say.... I have seen you a lot living the "Virtual" life just like the rest of us!!

Loves First Kiss!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDooley View Post
    With all this that you have to say.... I have seen you a lot living the "Virtual" life just like the rest of us!!
    oh yes, most definitely! i never said i wasn't drawn into the virtual reality-ness of vmk. everyone else knows this but yet they still do it. i'm on vmk right now!

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
    oh yes, most definitely! i never said i wasn't drawn into the virtual reality-ness of vmk. everyone else knows this but yet they still do it. i'm on vmk right now!

LOL!!!

Just like the rest of us!!

Loves First Kiss!

oh yeah its only after i've had to go away for a month* or so that i lose the obsession but when i get on again for a few minutes just chatting with old friends makes me stay a while.
    Last edited by JackSparrow; 11-24-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    Pirates Rocks The Music in the Lobby keeps pulling me back
    idk why since i have it on iTunes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast