Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Help!! It won't let me play anymore!!! in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; Hi, for the past week or 2 I've been having trouble with VMK, when I log on it shows me the screen with the VMK loading bar, but it takes ...
    sparkey144 is offline A-Ticket holder

Help!! It won't let me play anymore!!!

Hi, for the past week or 2 I've been having trouble with VMK, when I log on it shows me the screen with the VMK loading bar, but it takes for ever and I found that I can move the bar all over the screen, I know thats not a good sign. I was wondering if any one else might have the same problem or if anyone knew how to contact them to ask. I went the the contact us and I tried all of their questions.

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    try uninstalling shockwave and reinstalling--then reboot/restart--hope this helps!!

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkey144
    Hi, for the past week or 2 I've been having trouble with VMK, when I log on it shows me the screen with the VMK loading bar, but it takes for ever and I found that I can move the bar all over the screen, I know thats not a good sign. I was wondering if any one else might have the same problem or if anyone knew how to contact them to ask. I went the the contact us and I tried all of their questions.
    I think that most everyone has been having the slow load times issue for the past few weeks -- so you're not alone. One of the best things that I would recommend is that if you see the blank screen without the VMK logo upon login, and it lasts for more than 20-30 seconds then just close the/all browser(s) and try again. Likewise, if the Loading progress bar takes more than 5 minutes on the initial screen, then close the/all browser(s) and try again. Sometimes it takes a few times of doing this to get one of VMK's better connections. It appears that VMK uses a form of time-slicing for its servers and the routines need some work.

If you continue to have problems after multiple attempts of closing the browser and logging in again, then I'd recommend that you delete the cache and try once more. If worse comes to worse, then you can delete VMK's cookies and reboot your machine to help remove any sticky sessions with the server.

I've ran VMK on the same machine, using two different web browsers with no issues at times - and at other times one of the two browser windows may experience lag, while the other zips along without any issue. Another thing that I've noticed is that if you start out with a slow connection, you'll probably have a slow connection for the entire game -- so it'd probably be best to just exit out and try again.

I know it's aggravating, but hopefully these instructions will help you with the loading issues. Good Luck!

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!! Don't feel too bad, I haven't been able to play VMK at all.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

sparkey144 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yay!!!!! it works!!!!! I read the relpies and tried them and it works know, I'm so happy, now if only there was something new to do. oh well, can't have everything