Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Scams... in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; lol! that by far is the most interesting way of stealing teleportation.....
    JackSparrow is offline .:In This Kingdom by the Sea:.
    currently being driven off the edge of sanity.
    lol! that by far is the most interesting way of stealing teleportation..
    you gotta love the penguins.

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    Oh, that is hilarious! Never heard that one before!

LAXplaya1346 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen96 View Post
    That was a nice one

DISNEY KID FOREVER

MouseTunes.. Gone... But have not stopped Babbling

Movie worked on by a friend of ours, Katie Murphy! Hope the movie is great Katie!

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    I just heard about this possible scam. Names change to protect the guilty.

Fairchild offers in a forum that he has VIP and room codes for animal kingdom, mansion and others. Fairchild agrees to trade his VOP code for her Mansion shoes. They meet in VMK and in forum chat Sweetiepie. She insists on the code first but he in a forum chat says no and that he must get the shoes first.

She offers to add a magic mirror if he gives up the code first. He gives her part of the code then she gives up the mirror and he then gives her the rest of the code. The code did not work of course and she is out a magic mirror.

Fairchild then comes back to chat a week later and says his evil brother is using his account and the evil brother is trying to get Fairchild banned. How many times in the past year have I heard the evil sibling or evil neighbor story? The girl never thought that part of a code in trade for some of what she offered was a scam.

i belong to many boards and have seen this happen before where a gullible kid is befriended by a con artist and then loses lots of precious stuff in VMK. They cannot see the dangerous ways of nice people they chat with in forums and chat rooms.

Ranch, thanks for letting me get this scam off my chest as it has me so upset that anyone would hurt innocent kids who just want to have fun.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

well that little-brother thing is really annoying for both us and probably vmk too. I have a best friend whose real little brother does go on his account to try to make me mad at the real account owner. this never works however, because its easy to tell the difference between those two..

stealing stuff then blaming a "sibling" for it is brobably the most difficult scam to detect especially on vmk.

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    casdcasd has just informed me he's going to title a room -Virtual Disneyland Quests-.

I really can't stand these kids sometimes... he's banned from our park.

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa View Post
    I really can't stand these kids sometimes.
    This is something I have noticed in the under 18 years old crowd, they copy everyone. New signature style, room design, ride layout, avatars, outfits and more all leading to big battles over who was first. It is sad that they cannot come up with their own stuff.

I am tired of scammers saying that they did not scam and that someone hacked into their account or the evil brother or sister did it. It is your computer so guard it from intruders and evil siblings. I think it is just a cover for the scams.

My advice on codes is that you give the VMK stuff that you are trading to a fair and honest third person in VMK to hold and then get the codes. If it works out then the third person gives the owner of the code the VMK stuff being traded. I got a list of people who I would trust to hold stuff like Karo, Cptnruthless, KellySue, Music and Ranch. Short list but not many I trust really well.

I would be very careful of strangers with codes. Also never take codes for stuff you cannot trade (other than rooms) as they may be fake and get you banned.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    lately i have seen a room called free magic... you had to pay and then he said that the magic is to rare and you cant trade it
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    This is something I have noticed in the under 18 years old crowd, they copy everyone. New signature style, room design, ride layout, avatars, outfits and more all leading to big battles over who was first. It is sad that they cannot come up with their own stuff.
    hey, they're kids. if you can remember that far back, you'll notice that you had the same problem in real life with other kids. my sister is like that, she wants to be just like everyone else. annoying, i know, but i suppose the only cure to that is to do what we all once did.... try to find something too hard to copy?

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    ^
    Or not wanting to be creative and think , wow , I would have never come up with this! I'll just copy it..
    I know how that feels , I have been copied many times. Now if you think , well I've never seen something being copied.. Think again , cute or boot , falling chairs , things like that , they were good ideas , but apparently somebody enjoyed the game too much , or the owner did not keep it private enough while building..99 percent of the reason you put Not in any room when you build.

It's sad the things people will do to take someone's possesions , glory , happiness , or all of the above.
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

no, no you must understand this: the majority of vmk players are just kids. they can't see the concequences of their actions. they don't know (much less care) that someone else is hurt from copying ideas. of course, there are those dishonest people who claim our ideas and are rewarded for it, but honestly kids don't know what they are doing.

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

I know most are..I just don't see why they have to do it when they could be off somehwre else gaining the items or thiking of something themselves. Not all of them are like that though..some people do see the light , but you're right , most of VMK is like that , and the staff have no intention to fix it.. that's why you keep ideas to yourself and maybe a trusted friend in VMK.
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on

vmk staff doesn't do anything about it because, if you think about it, they can't. vmk was meant for kids to have fun. i don't suppose they knew a group like us would turn it into an art form... lol!

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

Actually , the reason why staff can be so lousy , is because VMK is just a big commercial for DLR and WDW if you pay attention to it , all the cool stuff is earned by going to the parks and doing quests , key words : going to the parks.

So they do not even really care much about maintnence , if it was supposed to be a real game , it would be like Toontown , where you would have to pay..

It's also because Yavn wants to be with Disney and wants another game...he's already got 2 or 3..
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I will go on

disney began with a great image, and perhaps thats why there even are staff
    i suppose if i were in charge of the bagillion kids on vmk it wouldn't be easy to make sure they all play nice and don't cheat. back to the scam part of it, i suppose it wouldn't be considered a scam if "idea snatching" were not meant in a negative manner.

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast