Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Scams... in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; Originally Posted by AlecTronic I was scammed badly today. i was in a trade for one complete space suit for two sets of stitch teleporters, so i had to accept ...
    miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecTronic
    I was scammed badly today. i was in a trade for one complete space suit for two sets of stitch teleporters, so i had to accept it. whren i get back to my room to sort them out, and none of my teleporters match. I AM SO FRUSTRATED! so now, i am out of a complete space suit, and i am so annoyed!
    The exact same thing happened to me, only I traded a diver helmet. Luckily, two of the teleporters worked and I was able to trade them for a crown. Now I'm stuck with two Stitch teleporters that do not match. I'm wondering if they match yours? I'm willing to bet it's the same guy who did it....
    ~Mia

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    if you have more than 2 sets of the same type of teleporters in your pocket and you're looking to trade them, it's best to go to one of your rooms, place all of them there and test them out and put the ones that match together.

If I'm the reciever in the deal, I normally insist on seeing in their room that a set links together.

a pm to our CrashBunny on a lesser quality site:

Quote Originally Posted by Scammer
    hello...Yes i am the tester....
    [img]images/smilies/CastMemberBadge.gif[/img] hello i am sillysil the tester! just wanted to say a friendly hello! And i wanted to tell u that us testers had a secret drawing and we have selected you! as the winner. So when you get this message tell me. I will have to give them to you in codes and these codes can only be used by us testers it has a master code and passwords so i will need your user name and password for about 5 mintues so i can put all the new stuff in there. Such as a couple new outfits like the super hero one and the pirate one that u have see me wear before and also the entire river rapids chair. So send me a message when you recieve this. And congratulations for being selected hope to see u soon!
    NEVER give your VMK account info to anyone. "Tester drawings" and offers such as this are nonsense, testers and designers can doctor your account just fine without your password (such as giving awards..).

Thanks Crash for the heads up!
    Last edited by Tampa; 11-19-2005 at 02:14 AM.

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    i have this one "friend" who i traded a princess hat for a madame leota.when we were done he said he wanted more so being the nice guy i am bought him a haunted mansion with put the top hat because leota is 2000 and all the stuff i gave him is worth 2000. but every day he comes to me asking if he can have leota back and if he can borrow my stuff like pins and suits. one day he wanted leota back and i said ok i need my stuff back he asaid someone stole them from me. he said he was going to be reporting me so i didnt want to be reported so i gave it back to him. littleer. but i have a plan i am going to say i want to borrow it. he will let you. then take him off my list. it may seem mean but he constintley bugs me when we are doing stuff.

i have one now thanks to genoures donation from another haunted mansion fan and a new friend that wont steal from me.
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    if you have more than 2 sets of the same type of teleporters in your pocket and you're looking to trade them, it's best to go to one of your rooms, place all of them there and test them out and put the ones that match together.

If I'm the reciever in the deal, I normally insist on seeing in their room that a set links together.
    I never take teleporters in trade anymore unless it's from someone I know and trust. Even if someone shows you that the teleporters match in their room, they could always trade you different teleports than the ones they showed you. It's not likely, but possible. So I just decided I will not take teleporters in trade from a stranger, period. It's too risky.

I just wish VMK would come up with some method of "marking" the teleporter so you know they match. It sounds good in theory, but I don't know how that would actually work in practice: maybe a number attached to it or something?

Either way, I prefer to just buy teleporters when I need them.

I actually had a girl try to trade me ONE teleporter. She may not have realized that you need two, or she may have been trying to scam me. I don't know.

I also know of a scammer out there who is trying to get inferno, and is offering many codes for pirate quest stuff, as well as codes for gold sets, and some other things. I cannot recall the full list, but even for inferno it sounds like a really good deal, if it were legit. I told him/her I would trade if they actually used the codes and traded me the items so I could see them (they wanted inferno BEFORE they sent me the codes....yeah right!) I never heard from that person again. I won't mention the person's name, but beware of any trade like this! I'm sure all of you are smart enough not to trade for codes from someone you do not know, but I thought I would mention it. The same person tried to pull the same scam on another VMK friend of mine, too. It's sad that there are so many dishonest people out there, especially the ones that try to "take" unsuspecting children or new VMK players.

~Mia~

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Can someone explain this teleporter thing to me? WHat do you mean they don't match???
    I have not used teleporters in my room before so I am a bit confused.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    they dont work if they dont match
    usually get bad ones in a bad trade
    i test them all now or i dont trade
    i have a "graveyard " of bad ones
    i buy my own now
    got burned too many times

Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan
    Can someone explain this teleporter thing to me? WHat do you mean they don't match???
    I have not used teleporters in my room before so I am a bit confused.
    When you buy a teleporter, you just buy "one" for the set price (ex: coffin: 500 credits). When you buy it, you will actually have two of them in your inventory. They are connected to each other. No matter where you place them, one will go to the other. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell which telporters match by looking in your inventory. So, if you buy 3 sets of coffins, you will have 6 coffins showing up in your inventory and the only way to tell which ones match, is to place them in a room and test them out. Since inventory items shift around, this gets very confusing. Therefore, it's easiest to buy them one set at a time, place them where you want (maybe label them with photos on the wall above them if you don't remember where they go!), and then buy the next set if you want more. Since testing them is the only way to tell if they match, getting teleporters in a trade is a bad idea. Someone could give you two teleports that do not match even though they look identical. They may do this by accident, or to scam you to get rid of unmatching teleporters they may have gotten in a bad trade.

So best advice, like we have said, is not to trade for them, but to just buy them yourself.

Hope that helped!

~Mia~

Oh I see! Thanks for explaining that to me. I have yet to buy a teleporter so I was confused.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

adisneyprincess is offline I'll be the next Disney Princess, you just wait and see
    people are so rude. As for the eeyore scam I guess I'm guilty of that since that's what I do most of the time I'm on VMK trade with myself to stock (get this) my 31 rooms. And more on the way lol
    I really am a Princess, hiding out in a not so fairy tale Life

The Eeyore Queen, the Lady with the list. The one the only Shayleen in VMK

805 Eeyores and growing

Quote Originally Posted by adisneyprincess
    people are so rude. As for the eeyore scam I guess I'm guilty of that since that's what I do most of the time I'm on VMK trade with myself to stock (get this) my 31 rooms. And more on the way lol
    What is the eeyore scam? Do you mean making "mules" to get more credits and trade stuff to yourself? I don't see that as a "scam"...almost everyone does it. Otherwise so many people would not have so much stuff.

~Mia~

Quote Originally Posted by adisneyprincess

it's only scamming if you make accounts and try to sell them in real life or use them, for example, in the iPod give away.

I think I pretty much got someone booted today.
    She had a room saying she was giving away inferno to the winner. I won one game and she told me her friend has it right now and she will find me when she gets it back. So I called her a liar (lol) and she booted me, so I came back as another player and watched for a while and she did the same thing to three other people. I reported her, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just me, other people must have, VMK_Red came and poof! She was gone!
    LIke anyone would really give away inferno! What a joke!

adisneyprincess is offline I'll be the next Disney Princess, you just wait and see
    I would never do that sell acounts, that's just wrong
    I really am a Princess, hiding out in a not so fairy tale Life

The Eeyore Queen, the Lady with the list. The one the only Shayleen in VMK

805 Eeyores and growing

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    Hey I have some bum stitch teleporters a friend got in a trade.
    You should put them in a room. maybe two will match! hehe!
    It is worth a try.
    I will be having popcorn on main street.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast