Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Scams... in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; Yes you acutally could. Otherwise I don't think I would be able to have gotten one through trade! lol...
    GlamorousTink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Yes you acutally could. Otherwise I don't think I would be able to have gotten one through trade! lol

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Oh ok, I just know the ones you get through codes you cannot trade (Pirates, Storm, and Bling)

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by GlamorousTink
    Yes you acutally could. Otherwise I don't think I would be able to have gotten one through trade! lol

This is false.

At one point in time, you could trade pirate magic only. Some of us are lucky enough to have a five star pirate magic pin.

Kelloggs magic pins are not tradable.

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    This is false.

At one point in time, you could trade pirate magic only. Some of us are lucky enough to have a five star pirate magic pin.

Kelloggs magic pins are not tradable.
    Yes, someone told me the other day that when vmk was in beta, you could trade the kelloggs pins. I don't know if it was all or just pirate, but I guess just pirate. Does the pirate effect last longer? Or does it last the same and just recharge faster, like snowman? (I combined 5 snowman pins thinking I could be a snowman for a long time, but it lasts the same time). It would be awesome to have a five star cursed storm that lasted a long time! i have a five star fireworks and if you count the fireworks there are 34 or so! To me, that is the only pin worth combining (except inferno, which would be stupid but if I had like 5 I would combine 2 or 3...that'll be the day!)

Back to scams....also watch out for AwesomeHauntedBoy5 or, his "new vmk name", Bestdizneymaniac. He and I had been planning a trade for weeks and he was going to give me all pirate quest for a HM suit, chernabog rug, and New Year's Pin. I was like, "alright, pretty sweet deal". So I had been saving the suit, not taking trades requested for it, b/c he said he could not get on vmk due to firewall issues, and "lost the codes". Turns out, according to two other vmk players, he tried to scam them. He wanted to trade codes after he got the items in a trade window. He also told them he lost his codes and could not get on vmk (don't know why he would say that, how could he get his suit if so? Maybe that part is true....who knows). He also kept changing the deal, I would reiterate our deal each PM and he would write back and say "ok, so we are trading...etc etc" and the deal would be different.
    So I pmed him for the 40th time and said "by the way, I won't trade for codes so when you find them, enter them and we will trade the items the regular way". I figured I would give him a chance instead of writing him off due to hearsay, and I have not heard from him since.

Also, I don't know if this is a scam or just people who don't know, or both; but I frequent trade rooms and always see people offering to trade pink door teleporters. I said to the room once, "People, do not trade for the pink doors, they are free. If you cannot play the game let me know and I will give you some sets for free". I got a trade window and a girl asked me how the doors were free. I told her and she said, "so I should try to get my crown back?" I told her definitely, but good luck because the person is probably gone. Maybe some people think the doors are worth something, like they got them in a trade, so I will give some people the benefit of the doubt. But I am sure that some are taking advantage of players that do not know they can get the doors for free. It made me upset that she lost her crown for pink doors I wished I had an extra crown to give her.

I am so angry that people do these scams, in a kids' game no less. Taking advantage of children (and mind you, some of the scammers are kids themselves, like awesomehauntedboy) is just sinful.

~M

Sorry to say Friend, you're ride title has been copied as followed: "Lazy River Log Ride!"

He's on my list and am about to take him off. I asked him if knew of you to where he said, "No" way too quickly. Anyways get with me if you want to have a word with him lol.

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    I will seek him out and destroy him!!!

Thanks for looking out Dude - he is not the first actually - back when my room was in high gear there was a girl I caught while I was in eeyore mode - I told her she copied my friends room title, and she boot me - but no worries - she was alone in her room with her five pieces of track

Anyway - let me know who it was - worst case scenario I will send my home girl Jedi after him!!!
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

-VP-'s has been copied , title wise anyways.

I'm hoping King, Friend, Shayleen, myself and the rest of us to get our solo projects recognized soon, and I hope we all can band together (with our eeyore pals) to get our pirates ride in the spotlight.

I surely doubt anyone could amount 100 pirate stools though, at least, not before the movie's release anyways.
    Last edited by Tampa; 01-27-2006 at 01:30 AM.

GlamorousTink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Tampa, I think you are right about trading the pirate pins, but I wasn't around during beta testing time (at least I don't think so) when I signed up. I signed up around July 12th or something. Was that still beta testing time? It truly is strange that I was able to trade the pirate magic pin though. When you have a 3-star or 5-star pin, the magic pin lasts longer than a regular pirate pin. Maybe for a certain amount of time after the pirate pins were released, you could trade them? I know that I have a 3-star pirate pin. It's really nice; it's like it is a special limited edition pin!

Another scam I think is important for us all to know about is, Staff Games!

I read Staff often says no when presented items for trading such as quest items and nonbuyable items.. You know, the stuff you get for going to the parks, you know, the whole basis of the entire game!

I'm sooo glad my little virtual life is not spent chasing these vain characters around. I could not imagine how unglued I would become if I were denied in a staff trade!

Ye Be Warned.
    Last edited by Tampa; 01-29-2006 at 09:57 AM.

Another scam I think is important for us all to know about is, Staff Games!

I read Staff often says no when presented items for trading such as quest items and nonbuyable items.. You know, the stuff you get for going to the parks, you know, the whole basis of the entire game!

I'm sooo glad my little virtual life is not spent chasing these vain characters around. I could not imagine how unglued I would become if I were denied in a staff trade!

Ye Be Warned.
    What are you talking about? I've only been to one staff trading thing, it was the Hotel pin that they would trade you for another pin of same value. Do they have a lot of trading events? Are you saying they wont take quest and rare stuff in trade? That's good, right? So you can trade them buyable items, that would be better I think...someone please explain this staff trading thing to me! I don't play as much anymore since I'm working now and have a hard time balancing work/social life/ AND vmk, plus I hate waiting in lines unless inferno is involved....

~Mia~

King Tryton is offline What time does the 3 o'clock parade start?
    Hey Mia, In the staff trading rooms they are only taking equal value as a trade. I tried to trade a quest pin for hotel but she would not accept it. It is based on credits spent for item. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tryton
    Hey Mia, In the staff trading rooms they are only taking equal value as a trade. I tried to trade a quest pin for hotel but she would not accept it. It is based on credits spent for item. Hope that helps.
    It does, thanks!

~M

beware of scams like this one!

You may think your donations are helping someone, but this is a perfect example of interception! Bravo to the closure!!

beware of scams like this one!

You may think your donations are helping someone, but this is a perfect example of interception! Bravo to the closure!!
    How is that a scam? I'm confused...the way I see it, he's asking people to put their names down who need things so other players can donate to them. Or is he wanting people to give the items to HIM so he can "give them to other people" and really keep them for himself? The " i dont need them but im not saying i wont take them lol" part threw up a red flag...Tampa can you explain this one?

very good mia!

Sadly i got all my quest items scammed...

i dont need them but im not saying i wont take them lol.
    is admittance of interception, and im glad for you that you were cunning enough to catch that! You might want to contact the mod's there if you still don't understand, being that they closed the scam.

and on your last questioning of my post.. staff should take a yeti pin if it's presented, shoot you should get something just for making it to a staff trade window with no disconnect! But yeah, if I present something I've obtained with real cash, indirectly in the form of a WDW trip, staff should take the immense offer! Period!
    Last edited by Tampa; 02-13-2006 at 11:24 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast