Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Scams... in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; I got scammed during Christmas, this gurl on my friends list was willing to trade me 2 teleportation pins for my Christmas tree and presents well she had them on ...
    shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..

Exclamation

I got scammed during Christmas, this gurl on my friends list was willing to trade me 2 teleportation pins for my Christmas tree and presents well she had them on but i was stu[id and gave the tree bc she said she was going to take them off and give me the pins!! I was stupid and she had deleted me from her friend list and ran off. when i tried to report her vmk said ' this player doesn't exist' im not like that anymore, its either you trade it when im trading my offer for it or nothing at all. i miss my tree and presents!!!!!!! I still feel stupid
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    It happens to us all Unfortunately, some of us have to learn the hard way. Now, you will never be scammed again! Just remember the rules (not including people you know well, like from the boards, and trust):

1. Never let anyone "borrow" anything to try it out. If they want to "see what inferno is like", then just do inferno for them! (this girl asked me that and I made myself look like her and did the magic. She left quickly).

2. Don't take teleporters!!! You have no way of knowing if they match.

3. If you are trading codes, make sure it's someone you trust, that trusts you to give them the code AFTER they give you the item(s). Make sure the code works first!

4. If someone is giving you more than 15 items for something, have a CL or staff member (if you can!) watch the trade and have them know what's being traded so they can mediate it. Just to make sure they don't only give you the 15 item limit and run.

5. Use your sense! If a trade does not feel good to you, don't do it. Or think about it, and tell them you'll get back to them. Don't let someone bully or "plz" you into trading, and if you are not sure it's a fair trade, wait and ask someone the value of the items. *I know people say, if it's good for you then it's "fair", but considering that some very rare items are not nearly as "cool" as some not rare ones (ex: pink tiki idol stickman vs. really awesome water cooler with fish that you can drink from! which is worth more?) you may regret the trade if you don't know the value.

I'm sure most of you know all this, but I'm killing time before work

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    How many threads can I get on in here?

Loves First Kiss!

NewKidaye is offline D-Ticket Holder
    2 Scams I avoided:

1st- During the week that ice cubes were not out, this grl said she was trading ####### ##### #### - Rare item -. She said to become my friend, give her several ice cubes and follow her to her room. I immeaditly realized that she was treying to scam and deleted her from my friends list.

2nd- When u could win buzz cups i was in a trade room when this dude asked me to trade. I accepted and he offered a buzz cup, he said "want this?" i said "looks cool" he said "offer me your bat magic bc u cant get this anyore" i xed out of the trade and he kept asking me to trade, when this dude walked in saying "free costumes" i dragged his rquest over to the corner and he was begging me to close the trade. 10 seconds l8r i DC...
    Last edited by NewKidaye; 03-18-2006 at 04:16 PM.
    Where did I go?

Quote Originally Posted by AlecTronic
    I was scammed badly today. i was in a trade for one complete space suit for two sets of stitch teleporters, so i had to accept it. whren i get back to my room to sort them out, and none of my teleporters match. I AM SO FRUSTRATED! so now, i am out of a complete space suit, and i am so annoyed!
    Why'd ya do that? space suits aren't worth those things!
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on

Quote Originally Posted by AlecTronic
    CL_AlecTronic doesn't sound that bad either....
    What would you think about CL_Fairytori?
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I will go on

Ok this is a BIG!! scam -

__________________________________________________ ___________

Room title:
    The Free costume game!

Description:
    You be nice to me and give me all the rare things u havd any maybe ill give u a costume!

__________________________________________________ ____________

omg........................
    Where did I go?

CL_NewKidaye???
    Where did I go?

everestforever is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    I keep getting this one person asking me for codes

she follows me all over

its getting annoying

JUST REPORT HER

never trade for teleporters dudes - and dudetts
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I will go on

nfljordanoc is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan
    So how do you get codes legally then? You have to visit the parks?
    As much as I love this game, not everyone gets to go to the parks all the time so I can't get any of the cool stuff.

I saw a girl with a tiara and a dress on today. Is there any way to get those?
    FROM GETTING THEM FROM CHEAT SITES. I ALWAYS GET A MESSAGE FROM VMK SAYING PLEASE PUT IN YOUR NEW VMK CODES FROM VMK STAFF.
    VMK NAME:
    nfljordan

IM RICH IN VMK. ALSO I LIKE TO GIVE AWAY FREE ITEMS

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Dude - stop yelling at us!!!

Please try to not use all caps - thx
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I think what is partly a scam, is that VMK isn't accepting anymore community leaders. I applied in July, got the questions and such, and have used the CONTACT US thing six times, and they say, "We haven't forgotten about you, we have a lot of requests to go through."
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

JackSparrow is offline .:In This Kingdom by the Sea:.
    currently being driven off the edge of sanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    I had this one on my friends list and saw that she was in a "I can help you get free credits!" room.. so of course I was like... aaawww yeaaahh..

So I get in there and ask for free credits please, she then wanted me trade furniture (for nothing) and I just exited out of the trade.. well the scammer must of thought I accepted because after I closed it out, she was like, "ok now follow me to the matterhorn".. instead I reported her and she came back saying I was supposed to follow her.. I told her I (and everyone) knows how the yeti.. dragon.. pirate work.. give me back my chair! She must have got nervous or something and must have bought me a chair that I never traded! So I guess I'm the scammer..

anyone else come across some small time scamming?

Yeah I did come across some major scamming!!
    I few months ago, possibly a year I came across a trade where the person offered all her stuff (and she had some major rare tems in there!) just for my pair of mickey ears. Wow there's my chance to get rich!!! so i accepted. now I have to say I haven't been playing too long and thought that VMK had everything under control. little did I know I was tricked by the easiest scam ever!!!!!!!
    I was immediately dc and vmk crashed at the same time and when I logged back on ALL MY STUFF IS GONE!!!!!!!!! - srry for the caps -
    you gotta love the penguins.

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

JackSparrow is offline .:In This Kingdom by the Sea:.
    currently being driven off the edge of sanity.
    Hmm.. what about CL_NyraSeaGrl?
    CL_TraderMags?
    I like tradermags but i got banned on that one once.. and NyraSeaGrl is older..
    you gotta love the penguins.

Em
    TraderMags in
    vmk

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast