Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Scams... in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; I had this one girl on my friends list and saw that she was in a "I can help you get free credits!" room.. so of course I was like... ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Scams...

I had this one girl on my friends list and saw that she was in a "I can help you get free credits!" room.. so of course I was like... aaawww yeaaahh..

So I get in there and ask for free credits please, she then wanted me trade furniture (for nothing) and I just exited out of the trade.. well the scammer must of thought I accepted because after I closed it out, she was like, "ok now follow me to the matterhorn".. instead I reported her and she came back saying I was supposed to follow her.. I told her I (and everyone) knows how the yeti.. dragon.. pirate work.. give me back my chair! She must have got nervous or something and must have bought me a chair that I never traded! So I guess I'm the scammer..

anyone else come across some small time scamming?

now that I think of it, I've sent about four help mails to VMK (gold ears hassle) to where they still have yet to reply, and this was over a week ago!

So I doubt reporting someone like I did would not do much good.

Well VMK is right on top of things, I had an incident where my girl friend and I (yes i know it's wrong) were discussing our age then we got a warning from vmk. Maybe they just thought that the gold ears wwasn't important on their to-do list.

One time i needed to make some cash and i started to trade this girl for pins
    well i was dumb at the moment and she lied to my about the dragon pins and stuff which i had already had lol. Then i found out that she scammed me lol.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    I keep getting this one person asking me for codes

she follows me all over

its getting annoying

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    sounds like you need a bodyguard

and I don't mean a sappy Whitney Houston song either
    Last edited by The_Heat; 07-24-2005 at 05:14 PM.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Quote Originally Posted by disneybuff100
    Maybe they just thought that the gold ears wwasn't important on their to-do list.

well then, you know where they can go? I'd love to explain to one of those nerds at vmk central how I really got my ears! I'd get a hundred more if I wanted to.

plus that popup you got is an automation, usually pops up when a sequence of words are used, like on too free for, that will trigger it.

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Some helpful hints:

If the people that are harrassing you are in your friends list--delete them

press the ignore button--you will see them, but no words

Tell them you are going to report them, usually the get the message

Do not trade with anyone you do not know

Several people have been scammed with the credits ordeal

Put I do not trade in your signature

this one kid wanted to trade his pirate magic for a space suit.. I was like I don't have one, but I'll trade my magic hat for it (along with a bonus of like 5 crates.. 750 value).. well as soon as I clicked accept deal, he takes the pin out of the deal.. and you see his little accept box get x'd! Too bad a trade resets when there's a change eh? Being busted (as a fool) as he was, he stumbled on his words trying to still appear to be decent. Don't worry though, I told him all about him self.

another scam:
    you can make two accounts, win pins, retrieve codes all over again, and work a way to give it all to your original dude..

Exclamation

Scam Alert!

There is a new "game"/scam that revolves around the new HKDL shirts. The scam goes like this:

The scammer holds a "Shirt whatever" game room.

They then get people to mule or "Donkey" new accounts and buy the HKDL shirts.

They get people to trade or "donate" them to play the scam, and do it over and over again.

The one who Donkey's the most shirts wins their "grand prize" while others, well, wasted their time for someone elses gain and greed.

I can't force yall to not partake in this scam, but please do not start these kind of scams here on this site as I've seen the scam grow rampid (though this group is too classy for such madness).

Thanks gang.

edit: here's a mock I put together to show you what to avoid:

The Submarine Inferno Game!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's how you play:

come to my room and give me all your submarine pins and inferno magic pins.

first one to give 845 submarine pins wins!!!

or

678 inferno pins wins!!!

prizes are as followed:

1st place: 8 teleport magic!
    2nd place: 8 yeti pins!!
    3rd place: A hug from a random girl!!
    4th place: Being on my friend list for one day!!
    5th place: Absolutely nothing!!

Good luck Sub and Inferno hunters.. let the games begin!!!
    Last edited by Tampa; 09-26-2005 at 01:17 AM.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    So how do you get codes legally then? You have to visit the parks?
    As much as I love this game, not everyone gets to go to the parks all the time so I can't get any of the cool stuff.

I saw a girl with a tiara and a dress on today. Is there any way to get those?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

I had a few dopes ask me for the ears (no!!)
    and then quite a few telling me to take off my shirt

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

was that you??!!!!

of course not LOL! I'm no perv!

I love Fantasmic!

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    I was scammed badly today. i was in a trade for one complete space suit for two sets of stitch teleporters, so i had to accept it. whren i get back to my room to sort them out, and none of my teleporters match. I AM SO FRUSTRATED! so now, i am out of a complete space suit, and i am so annoyed!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast