Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Tampa's -Nice- Letter... in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; to VMK: hi. This is the second time I've tried to reach you guys, and I must say, you should drop that "we'll respond in 24 hours" since I've yet ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Tampa's -Nice- Letter...

to VMK:

hi.

This is the second time I've tried to reach you guys, and I must say, you should drop that "we'll respond in 24 hours" since I've yet to see it.

I had chosen the vmk game name, "Tampa", a name that I'm well known with on numerous disney sites, and non-disney sites to where I do a GREAT job getting people interested in the game. I even help people find hidden mickey's by clues, I've helped people get their firework pins many times, and am working on playing my 200th mix and 100th pirate win. I even run WDW question games in my guest room and lead winners to a skull rock room to pick out a prize.

As you can see I spend plenty of time, and now money with the purchase of gold ears and visiting the park more to go on quests, in order to play your game to the fullest.

And now my name "Tampa" has been taken from me with no warning. This is a huge disappointment considering it has been accepted since the first day. And not to mention my friends from the game, disney sites, and non-disney sites cannot find me. And playing VMK games has become disenchanthing, becase I no longer (or my friends) see my name in games. I've even seen some comment things like, "I wonder where #### went? Wow! Even his id is gone!"

I understand that my name describes a real location and you guys don't care for that, but it is my internet name, and really, nothing else will do. When I got the message to change it, I put in "TampaJoe" as a hopeful comprimise, but again I plead with you, please don't change my title, for my sake, and for my friends that I get involved with vmk.

Thank you and I really hope to hear a response, "Tampa" Joe.
    Last edited by Tampa; 07-20-2005 at 06:57 AM.

welp, still no response.

can someone help me get this letter into the right hands, or give me tips on how to see some action? I've tried using the "contact us" icon on their site and went to "comment on game beta" from there, seeing it's the only option that will take a freestyle letter.

please help me because you are awesome.

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I can't help you except you might could Call for Help while playing VMK and explain to them that you don't have your username anymore. They respond very quickly. I had them respond in less than a minute one time. If it makes you feel any better, I sent them two letters and neither were responded to.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hi, can't help you, but gotta say I enjoyed the letter. Maybe they will respond if you change your id at the site to TAMPA HATES THE POWERS THAT BE AT VMK....
    Best of luck
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

I talked to some dude named Jeremy over at VMK centeral.. (it's within the cinema for those who are while trying to call). It was unbelievable how hard it was to reach those people. And all they could do is put a sticky on my account seeing there's a couple thousand names they go through (and 3/4's of them get canned ) over in Cali. So hopefully I'll be only a few days more.

TY for the help Hillo!

and I'm glad my frustrations can be converted into hilarity Dissy babe!

Yes, I am having a good laugh at your pain....sorry!

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I sent them another letter for not getting my Invisibility Pin and they haven't replied. I called them in the park and they told me to go the the main VMK site, which obviously no one there cares what is going on. I believe this is the only time I have been dissappointed with Disney.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    I'm not sure how to get Disney to read these kind of letters, but I must say that your letter was nicely written, and it would be a shame if Disney didn't respond.
    Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    I believe this is the only time I have been dissappointed with Disney.

I totally feel the same way.. ..... I mean...

I called trying to get the "VMK Center", and when the 92 year old chick on the other line finally realized VMK was in the Cinema, she was like:

oh I'm sorry I can only connect guests..

lady, I'm a 12 time annual passholder.. I'M ALWAYS A GUEST!

oh.. uh.. well let me connect you with someone else..

that's the greatest idea I've ever heard on a phone..

have a magical day!

ouch.

The poor 92 year old at the rath of Tampa, Oouch!
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Hey Tampa, take it easy on the poor old grandma!

Hey what is the latest? Any word?

Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    You could always change your name to ampaT. You are kind of turned around sometimes anywho.
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Hey what is the latest? Any word?

yes, I got an email (lucky me!) from VMK stating that they were thankful I emailed them with my comments on beta.

and I also got the infamous name changer popup again to where hopefully my name will now be.. (drum roll please.. )

"Ranch"

( I used to drive a 76 Ford Ranchero and "RanchAirO" was my ol' school aol name)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast