Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Just wondering. . . . in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; I don't want to get anyone mad because I have noticed there are a few big fans of Virtual Magic Kingdom here in these forums, but I have to know ...
    shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!

Question Just wondering. . . .

I don't want to get anyone mad because I have noticed there are a few big fans of Virtual Magic Kingdom here in these forums, but I have to know the truth!
    I have "played" VMK about a dozen times over the past 3 weeks or so and I have found it lacking in many ways. Don't get me wrong, the idea is great,the graphics are top-notch, and the mini-games are entertaining, but there is something missing.
    It takes forever to get enough money to buy anything, most of the people stand around saying cryptic things to each other, there is a bunch of folks seeking boyfriends and girlfriends, and there is some sort of "army" thing going on I can't even begin to figure out!
    I know I'm not some old fogey who doesn't know video games, I have worn out 2 PS2s and spend a ton of money on games (KINGDOM HEARTS
    II please come soon!) even weird Japanese games, but I have a hard time seeing the continued appeal of VMK to adults. . . . Don't hate me, I just want to know if I am the only one who feels this way.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    you're right, the hype has gone down, and the madness has gone up. I can't relate to the credit probs, I like trying to beat WDWTiggerRT's highest game (vmk's best) in fireworks, and the music game can be entertaining if your a music fan, lately I search for an empty room so I can play my mixes over and over (they're sooo coool) till a rush comes.

But the game worked as far as ploy. I'm headed up to WDW this weekend, just to "accomplish" the game a bit more, but it'll never happen, since I put in the kelloggs codes in too early and I'm cursed from ever getting a storm.

btw this belongs in VMK forum

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    btw this belongs in VMK forum
    Ask and you shall recieve.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Is this "game" still being built? Like when we let people come stay at Shades of Green before the plumbing was finished and the restaurants were opened back a couple of years ago when Disney kicked us out of the Contemporary?
    What is the use of the magic stuff anyway?

Yes, that's a great metaphor. They could have waited for Frontierland and Tomorrowland to be designed, but apparently someone had a great marketing plan that's almost working perfectly. I say almost because of the kelloggs codes being the same one for everyone and not indivisual codes. But the magic is pretty much for (visual) brag rights such as: I rock in fireworks, I kick butt in pirates, I went to WDW/DL and went on a quest, and I ate some cereal!

personally I'm anticipating some awesome games, because you can only pop so many fireworks, and have so many crashed pirate games.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    Ask and you shall recieve.

I didn't realize there was a VMK forum. I wonder if VMK would be better if it was like Rollercoaster Tycoon or Seaworld Tycoon. Those are both pretty good games. . . . they could keep the online interactive part that VMK has and be even better. Just think, Mr Toad's Wild Rollercoaster! I would pay for that game.

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen
    I wonder if VMK would be better if it was like Rollercoaster Tycoon or Seaworld Tycoon.
    I agree that adding the ability to build custom rooms/objects would add a lot of appeal -- for me at least. It would be almost like a graphical version of an old MOO. The only problem that I can see with that is that some idiots would program harmful objects/rooms to abuse the system and ruin the game for others. ....But still I could make some sweet objects, given a coder's bit....

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

Something froze up

This thread keeps freezing up on me, maybe my connection. . . .
    Last edited by shadesofgreen; 07-28-2005 at 06:55 PM.