Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Event Update!!! This just in!!! in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; From VMK.com: Event Update We are postponing the VMK Maze Event planned for September 9-12, but we'll be holding a Pin Trading Round-Up in its place. Here's what you need ...
    Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..

Event Update!!! This just in!!!

From VMK.com:

Event Update

We are postponing the VMK Maze Event planned for September 9-12, but we'll be holding a Pin Trading Round-Up in its place. Here's what you need to know:

Set up your Guest Room for Pin Trading and invite others to join you!
    The best pin trading rooms have a sense of fun and excitement, but are also well-organized. Show us your version of a rootin' tootin' pin trading room and you could win big!

When:
    Friday, 3:00pm - 7:00pm and 8:00pm - 10:00pm Eastern
    Saturday, noon to 4:00pm and 6:00pm - 10:00pm Eastern
    Sunday, noon to 4:00pm and 6:00pm - 10:00pm Eastern
    Monday, 3:00pm - 7:00pm and 8:00pm - 10:00pm Eastern

1. Room name must contain the room owner's name followed by "Pin Trading" (example: VMK_Babs Pin Trading).
    2. Rooms should be designed to make trading easy; no games, rides or teleporters please.
    3. All players visiting a Pin Trading room, including the room's owner should be ready and willing to trade the pins they are wearing. If you have pins you don't want to trade, don't wear them.
    Judging:

1. The room must be on the Popular Guest Rooms list to be eligible.
    2. The room owner must be present to be considered.
    3. Members of the VMK Staff will be visiting eligible Guest Rooms between the hours posted above.
    4. There will be one winner for every hour of the competition. That means there are 19 chances to win!
    5. Like last time, we will also be awarding one Grand Prize Winner for each day of the Event.
    6. Previous winners are eligible to enter and win again, but must use a new room design to be considered.
    7. All winners will be announced in the next Newsletter.
    Special items in VMK shops:
    To celebrate the Grand Opening of Hong Kong Disneyland, several Hong Kong items are in the shops. We also have some new costumes, for this weekend only . Be sure to check back on Monday for some One-Day Only Items!

Trade with VMK staff members:
    Just like in a Disney park, VMK Staff members will be trading pins during the event. Any Staff member who is wearing a Goofy hat and is in a Pin Trading Guest Room will trade pins with you. If you see a VMK Staff member wearing a pin in a Pin Trading room, you can ask them to trade with you. If you see a VMK Staff member outside a trading room and/or not wearing a Goofy hat, please don't ask them to trade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like a repeat of the same lame event from last time - I do not know if I am willing to ask my friends to come and sit in my room all weekend at the off chance that I get judged.

Wonder what happened that they changed everything last minute like this!!
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I think I'll pass.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbogal

Looks like a repeat of the same lame event from last time - I do not know if I am willing to ask my friends to come and sit in my room all weekend at the off chance that I get judged.

Wonder what happened that they changed everything last minute like this!!
    I'll sit with ya if you need me

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..

Smile

Thanks for the support Crash - I really appreciate it!!!! But, I really do not think that I am going to waste my time (or anyone elses for that matter - LOL)

The whole thing is just a big popularity contest - kind of lame.

Off to dinner - catch you later!!
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    yeah - less people on fireworks.... more for me

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I'm going to sit this one out too. Not worth the time or the credits.

LOL I'm right there with ya Crash!
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!