Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss - The Virtual Haunted Mansion - Way to go Ranch! in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; well, it seems ranch's -Virtual Haunted Mansion-, a replica of the famous ride so detailed it seems as though it's as close to the real thing that you can get ...
    dougitmcnuggit is offline Cedar Point New Coaster '07!!
    Frontiertown, Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio, USA

- The Virtual Haunted Mansion - Way to go Ranch!

well, it seems ranch's -Virtual Haunted Mansion-, a replica of the famous ride so detailed it seems as though it's as close to the real thing that you can get on VMK!

currently it is at the top of the popular list!!

WOOT WOOT!

started in line at 19, now at 12 in line, saw the ride earlier tho, it's AWESOME!!

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    i just went throught it too. it was great

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    theres a 22 person wait now

great job sweetie - its awesome !!!

gonna get room of the week for sure

omg awesome!!

great idea!

makes me want to make a ride room, any suggestions?

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I saw it when he was working on it. But I havent went through it yet. It looks awesome though!!!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

it's great, come see it!

so ingenious, even if you forgot some rooms ranch

coughcough[stretching gallery ] coughcough[ library]

lol

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    LOL!!!

dude, thank you bro for the nice words.. all of you!

But it's true folks! With extreme help from Crash, I have put two Haunted Mansion Guest Rooms to work as a VMK Virtual Haunted Mansion Ride! I made sure to refresh my HM skills to make sure I have each scene in order, and did the best I could with keeping the ride track as similiar as possible. And you're right dude, I beat myself up for not being able to squeeze in some scenes! I wanted the stretching gallery right away.. but VMK has no options for such an effect to where you'd just know where your passing. I kind of do have the library in place with a couple of books behind the busts lol.. I just have no shelves lol. I wish they had the Hitchiking Ghosts available and some kind of zombie bride to put at the very end with a pic over her that says, "hurry back.. hurry back.."

But after all's done, I thank you all DWT crew for your help.. from Crash's red table supply to Dumbogal's chair testing I'm really amazed how well the games (and now rides!) we put together work out. When our crew gets an idea we follow it through with no turning back because... MUHAHAHAHAHA.. there's always my way!
    Last edited by Tampa; 10-18-2005 at 08:00 AM.

ya that's true, we make a great team

with Ranch's creative mind and the Angel's trading abilities,

There's no Turning Back Now...

Hey Ranch, Great Job, but I might suggest to do something cool for the exit like a creepy waiting room, or a nice little place to hang out!

Great Job!
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Yeah that is a nice idea.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

nice place, installed!

and:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranch to Fan Site and Dis
    Hi gang!

First, let me thank all of you who were able to stop by and check out a mini version of the ride that some friends and I managed to put together. I saw in the ride and here on the boards that for some, it was pretty difficult to click your way from "doom buggy" to the next (I even had to boot many in which I'm so sorry for, because at times the entire room was behind one person) but for the majority, they made it through alive!!

I'd like to thank once again Schmoofy for coming by during early development and showing the fan site's work in progress. And also thank him for hooking it up with great ballroom placement ideas. Good stuff.

At first I got mad at Schmoofy, because he likes my ride and said he'll still own me (LOL), but now, this is a great idea! I am a VMK moderator at another popular Disney site (no need to spam where) and once our little group got to test it, they instantly wanted to do like you guys are doing, and join in on the fun!

This will not be a brag rights contest, but rather, two sites having fun, building an upgrading on one of greatest (virtual) rides ever made, Disney's The Haunted Mansion! We can all join in on the fun (somehow) and heck, it would be great to see other sites join in with their Mansions!

So get with your Site Haunt Leader(s) (Schmoof I assume) if you have ideas for your site's Mansion or just have anything to offer! Me personally, I know we might over-grow the needs so we've added a hang out room in Frontierland at the exit and we might need a front door room. This is cool excitment in between events you might say lol. And I can't wait to ride The Fan Site's Mansion!!! :wave2:
    I hope to have started something here... but really I hope to stifle any fueds in between sites as you see more and more signatures with "fan site" or "Dis".. and then there's us, quietly OWNING VMK on the side! And I address all this because we're becoming more known as a unit, and some are weirded about it and it has to stop. I too was holding a grudge against any "Fan Site" member, I feel bad about it now and I want to make up for it.

And you read it right people! If you have a Haunted Mansion Room (or code ) WE NEED YOUR HELP! WE NEED TO BE UP AND RUNNING BY HALLOWEEN!!!

Ok so we'll start a list and I'll assign missions for those who I already know are down for the construction process.

) Ranch............ -Ride Designer-, Funds, Room Controls, Room Attendance
    ) Crash............. Extreme Funds, Trades, Room Attendance
    ) Dumbogal....... Funds, Room Controls(?), Trades, Room Attendance
    ) DougMcNuggit. Trades Expert, Room Controls, Spiele
    ) Hillo............... Promotions, Room Attendance
    ) Scoreseseses. Promotions, Room Attendance, Hilarity, Fireworks Master
    ) GrmGrnGhost. Promotions, Room Attendance, Spiele

We need only Haunted Mansion Rooms for our virtual mansion with a Frontierland Exit already established. All rooms will require a complete foundation of red tables and all elevations made of the same. Any gaps will be filled with gray crates and the entire track of "Doom Buggies", are made of purple chairs found at Small World Imports.

I need to be present during all construction to help make sure all scenes are in sync but more importantly, I know how to utilize VMK guest rooms to their max as I hope some of you might have noticed..

Now here's the catch if you want in on the mansion mission, again you need a Haunted Mansion Guest Room, and you'll be supplied with all furnishings to complete the project for each HM room provided. And again, please make sure I'm there to help use the room to the max. "What's in this for me??" you might ask? Well, come Janurary 1st of 2006, you can dismantle the room, and keep all the furniture!! Just I hope your around for the next mansion we build!

Here's a desciption of all missions and work:

Funds: Mass supplies of Red Tables, Gray Crates, and Purple Chairs
    Trades: Finding items needed that cannot be purchased to continue constuction
    Room Controls: -The Boot-, Furniture placements
    Room Attendance: Helping keep the ride flowing and making sure peeps read photos along the way
    Spiele: Those of you who know it by heart and can type fast, have at it!! lol

So.. anyone else in?

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    hey ranch i can be your mascot
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

scorsese is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yo Tampa!

Anyone who hasn't yet checked out Ranch's Mansion and is reading this thread should definitely do so. Still waiting on dougit's ride ideas to come through, too.

wait, hold on, What do you mean DISMANTLE??

i don't like the sound of that

btw, feel free to use my mansion room as your own!!

great Idea!!

- Trades Expert-

that's a nice title for me!

I'll need to think this out.. considering I now have..

4 Haunted Mansion Rooms!!

You know what the means.. we can have a single room for "outside" the mansion\ the (new) Stretching Paintings Room\ and another line within the mansion!!

so exciting!!

Scores!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast