Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What should we do?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Discuss Virtual Pirates Release. in the Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Forum forums; Heya gang. For those of you who do not know, the builders and I of -Virtual Pirates- have become somewhat let down by the lack of any instant success of ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Virtual Pirates Release.

Heya gang.

For those of you who do not know, the builders and I of -Virtual Pirates- have become somewhat let down by the lack of any instant success of the project. True, it takes many days of patience and waiting in lobby for peeps to come on through, but the problem is evident, and a blessing all the same.

The problem is, we've built the ride way too early. A great time to of released such an incredible version of the attraction, is when Pirates II the movie comes out. Which is unfortunately in July. Right now in VMK there's nothing but Monsters Inc hype and anything themed along that will pretty much get most of the population. Which King and I have done, with our mazes.

The blessing is, WE BEAT THE BUILD LIMIT RULE! Meaning nothing like this ride will ever, or should I say, CAN EVER, be built like we have built it again! How awesome is that?!

So here it gang. Vote on what we do. Do we bite the bullet and just keep opening the ride, or close the entire attraction until it's Pirate's time in VMK?! And from what we've seen, you KNOW people are going to NUTTZ in VMK during the release of Disney's Pirates Of The Caribbean II: Dead Man's Chest!

All can vote and opinions are welcomed, but poll shall made public so we can see how the team feels on the situation. I can say now though, I say we wait for the movie and when it comes out, any available team member who doesn't mind, help us keep the lobby full for maximum ownage.
    Last edited by Tampa; 01-20-2006 at 05:55 PM.

adisneyprincess is offline I'll be the next Disney Princess, you just wait and see
    I say wait for the movie, because your right we be the room rule that is now stated. It will be big, I mean very big in July, I hope to have my new computer, and moved into my new tep. home by july, so I'll be willing to help. Besides what better way to celeibrate my 22 birthday. LOL
    I really am a Princess, hiding out in a not so fairy tale Life

The Eeyore Queen, the Lady with the list. The one the only Shayleen in VMK

805 Eeyores and growing

King Tryton is offline What time does the 3 o'clock parade start?
    Arg! Matey I say ye wait fer the new movie Arg!

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Avast!! I say we wait to open our ride, and give the VMK Bilge Rats and Land Lubbers one last hurrah in the summer. Hopefully by then the Pirate costumes will be out!! And we can properly theme ourselves to go right along with the ride. That is of course if VMK does not put a limit on the clothes we wear (who knows, there may be a day that we cannot wear pants AND a shirt)

The general consensus (so far) is one I whole heartedly agree with. In the meantime - any team members that have not had the opportunity to ride Pirates and check out our last big build, and want to see it - let me know - I now have the key and would be more than happy to take you through.
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay I agree wait even though I haven't seen it I did give quite a few things to help build it. Beside don't forget I will be down next month and I can get more stuff on quest if need be. So let me know.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Keep it open!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    i agree...
    Keep it open!!!

Loves First Kiss!

dougitmcnuggit is offline Cedar Point New Coaster '07!!
    Frontiertown, Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio, USA
    We should definitely wait in my opinion. The most-likely success of the movie will most likely rocket our ride to the top of da list(gosh i miss the word "da" ) This type of strategic marketing is, i believe, being used by VMK Staff to release new Pirate Themed Items at the time that most people would benefit/enjoy them.

Pirates has been reopened!

Feel free to help fill the lobby!

the lobby has undergone slight changes to add some further incentive.

GlamorousTink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    That's awesome. I think the ride is great!

Ok gang.. I've added a "Spin to Win" finishing area to where it became a complete disaster... Once I had it set up for a great flow, kids started freaking out about how boring the ride was and they only wanted to spin.. needless to say, the generators will be gone FOREVER because you can only remind the dumbos of the purpose of the lobby in the first place so many times. That and the crowds it braught were insanely greedy, totally my bad.

On a lighter note, I think the lobby is nicer.

BTW...

Ace when you can, you can go ahead and sell the exit coffin in the pirates exit that leads back to the lobby... the river exit you got that leads the same way does fine on it's own.

dfreakace is offline Slowly Bringing Green Back Into Style
    okey dokey, I hope to get on tomorrow, maybe after I get back from the gym.
    VMK ADDICT!

VMK Name: Dfreakace
    Current Project: Going to lead a Mini -MM- Build

That's Me!

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    I like the new set up.... Minus the number spin things...

Can yu say, you migh as well just put free stuff on the title.
    That is what people thought!

BTW, I am glad it is open again. Pirates is one of my favorites!

Loves First Kiss!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast